1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SHOW YOUR IBANEZ SRs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yellofury, Mar 18, 2009.

1. just like it says

I never really paid any mind to Ibanez before to be honest
    Much of the stigma I had was from guitar playing and the fact
    that I put Ibanez guitars in the metal category back in my band days in the 90s
    My old guitarist had a purple Ibanez guitar with a neck as thin as a yardstick and did divebombs on his Floyd Rose. We used that guitar mostly for Jane's Addicition covers....

anyways flash forward to present day
    I am a fan of Fenders ..especially Fender basses and I do respect basses from MTD, EBMM, Spector, Warwick, Ric, etc,.The other bassist at church started out on a GSR which to me was okay but really wasn't that great compared to my Am Std Jazz. Then he got a 5 string BTB and I thought it was on par with the Spector Legend i had at the time. Pretty decent wasn't a fan of the aesthetics but still it DID have a nice sound.
    Well this past month he moves up to a SR706 and I heard the thing before I even seen it and the sound was monsterous...Well now my interest is piqued and I ask to see it. He told me to play it...uh oh you know this could lead to trouble...First off the thing is light especially for a 6 string and the body is thin and comfortable (it makes the Jazz feel like I'm wearing a desk but hey I kinda like that secure feeling too). But the craftsmanship was really nice. The little details and touches really impressed me.

Now I am not about to go buy a SR700 but I did see a SR300M
    that has piques my interest.[​IMG]
    I don't really need it but hey this is what GAS is about isn't it? The 300 isn't going to be the same as the Bartolinis in the SR500-700s but I think if I do get this it would be a good bass to leave at church for backup.

anyways go ahead and torture me with some SR pictures of your own:bassist:

2. There was just a "show your Ibanez SR" thread a week ago - I can't seem to find it for you?

3. I did do a search but there wasnt a result atleast for me since SR is too small for a the search term

4. The SR300 series has the same 3-band EQ with the "stylesweep" mid control. It has thunderous lows, and nice clean bright highs. I have that same system on my SR400QM & SR405QM, and really like it. If you like narrow-thin necks ... you'll love the SR series.

5. I fell in love with SR500s after playing them, and was fully expecting to get one eventually...this past weekend while on vacation in Atlanta, I stopeed in a Guitar Center and played a SR300. I swear, if it had been a 5 string I would have bought it on the spot. I already have four 4-strings and only one 5....none of which are active, but still. I was not expecting that powerful and versatile a sound out of it, especially at that price range.

6. MusicManLN3

MusicManLN3

Feb 21, 2010
    The SR300m is an excellent bass. Really great tones, sweet playability, and a maple neck!! Awesome bass for any player, and very affordable.

7. I used to have an SR505 and now am the proud owner of an SR506. I absolutely love them, the only downside that I've noticed is that they eat batteries like they grow on trees! I'm REALLY curious about the SR755; I saw it on Musicians Friend, and it's absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to know how it plays as I need a new 5er.

8. BGM (Bass guitar magazine here in the UK) reviewed the SR300 when it came out a year or two ago & they gave it a special award. I played one of these in the last week & I was blown away for the money. The only single complaint was that the necks feel a little on the unfinished side, but for the money I could live with that when £239 buys you such a light and great sounding bass with a 3 band active eq, et al. The build quality is spot on, too.

9. mobis.fr

mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005
    germany
    really? do you unplugg them when you are not playing?
    i played my old sr506 at least a half year without changing the battery

10. are we the same two people living across the globe!?

11. I made the mistake back with my 505, but someone informed me before I bought the 506. But yeah, it still seemed to go through batteries pretty quickly, so I find myself wondering if I just didn't notice not unplugging it LOL

12. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
  13. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I don't have a problem with mine eating batteries. I've owned a SR535 since May 2009 and it's still on the same battery.

It plays like the SR505 because it has the same neck. The only difference in the 755 and 505 is the Walnut top. IMO, it doesn't sound noticeably different than the 505 or other SR models. The one that sounds different IMO is the Ash body 605. To my ear's it sounds even brighter than all the others.

14. Flyingaero

Flyingaero

Jan 12, 2010
    And thats why I hate when people automatically rule out Ibanez as an option because its a "cheapo bass"! The SR300 is super thin and light and has a very very fast neck. Nothing to scoff at

15. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    Here is mine.

bassesanddrums036.

16. dlegault

dlegault

Nov 11, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    [​IMG]

17. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    I just sold a couple basses to fund this..it beat out the warwick $$ I was planning on getting. WAY better B string and the electronics kick serious tail. My 2010 SR755 has the Mid Frequency Selector Switch which I high recommend getting over the non equipped ones. It's the top of the line SR's: http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR755