Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your Mesa's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by karrot-x, Apr 2, 2005.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Well since the bass forum always has show your "bass builder," I figured I'd give it a try in here. I'm also needing ideas for my next cab setup. If this thing dies then I'm sorry.

[​IMG]

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'm glad to see this thread died hard :(.

Oh well, I guess I'll just leave it up to google.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Have some patience will ya?

Ray

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Heh, I don't have any, sorry. It just hurts to see 8 hours go by and not have any posts but 27 reads; really, it hurts right here <3.

5. Now, imagine a D-180(thanks natrab)- no case, sitting, for now, on a Fender BXR-115B. Mine, baby, all mine. Yeah.

...sorry, we lost our camera. The thread's still alive, though. BTW what's your cab?

Edit:I cranked it the other day, & the Fender cab actually sounds pretty good! If I ever find another one cheap, that may be my rig.

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Sounds hot, I should take updated pictures of my M-pulse in her rack.

7. Yeah, I dig tubes- I need to get it serviced before I trust it on a gig, though. I'd really like a nicer 1x15 or two- or (drool) a Bergantino NV-215. I have this unsubstantiated (ooh, big word) feeling that would be THE cab for me.

But, I repeat- what's YOUR cab?

8. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'm currently running it through an Ampeg SVT-410HE and SVT-115EN. I just replaced the 15 with a Eminence Delta Pro 300 watt RMS speaker, it sounds a little nicer. I really want to get a Powerhouse 4x10 and 1x15 but I'd need to trade both cabs and scrunge some money. I'm hoping someone on here will sell theres in a few weeks, maybe 3? :)

9. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    My former big rig. At the time I was using the M-2000 with the D-180 as distortion (though it isn't hooked up in that picture):
    [​IMG]

A closer view of my M-2000 setup before I put it into that huge setup:
    [​IMG]

Which was a part of this:
    [​IMG]

I also have a 1x15" diesel series. A 1x15" diesel series wedge, a 2x10" diesel and a couple of shock racks. I used to have two D-180s, but now one of them is Bassteban's (and yes I had them to use one for clean and one for distortion....it was awesome but weighed more than me when it was all setup in a shockrack).

I will try to get all my stuff together to take a group shot one of these days.

10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    [​IMG]

I'd love to have an M-2000 to stick in this rack as a pre, and add a Mesa 12-space shock rack, but my budget right now thinks otherwise. This is my Strategy 500 and pair of Powerhouse Jrs. I aim to add a 2x15 Diesel series, and either a 1516B or a Powerhouse 1000 to the collection.

11. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Wow, what's in a Powerhouse Jr? They look pretty cool.

I've got a 1516B right now... Either adding a Basis 2000 or Trace Elliot V8 to it..

12. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    The PH Jr is a 12" and 4x8" cab.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    [​IMG]

Road Ready 410, with the EV speakers people seem to like so much.

14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    This will have to do until I can take pictures of my setup...we're having an infestation of punk rockers right now and they're all passed out around my gear...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    This is all great, anyone have any powerhouse cabs?

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Had.

[​IMG]

17. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    [​IMG]

Mesa m2000 + 1516

18. I like my rig...

19. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    [​IMG]

20. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Aw man, I miss my 400+ now. :( Great rigs, everyone. :)

I have some questions with the last two posts. geggy spoiger, do you have any ventilation issues with that case? Those foam racks aren't usually recommended for that amp. And for danomite64... where did you get that case? I looked for one of those the whole time I had my amp. As BurningSkies can attest to, the shockmount case I had was a beast to haul around.