show your Moded basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkThumb, Mar 12, 2002.

1. hey folks

has any body else around here ever modded their basses? and if so, what did you change and why?

i'll start:
    originally a 99 squier affinity p-bass,
    hot rodded and dual volume added, dpdt switch added for pick-ups in series's a cheap bass so why not?, and i was getting tired of the p sound
  2. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    I think this belongs in setup, but:

2000 Squier Affinity P Bass. I put on a Badass 2 bridge and disabled the tone control. Simplicity is awesome.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ibanez GSR200, modded BEAD.
    eventually will have Shaller tuners, new pups, new pots and a Hipshot bridge. But this is in the future.

Sometime this summer: My MTD Kingston 5 will be equiped with a new brige, ABM. Then, in the months that follow, active pre-amp.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I hotrodded a Fender Precision with DiMarzio PJ pups and Schaller tuners back in 1979.

I modded both my Music Man basses (a Cutlass and a Sabre) with Ken Smith quick-release bridges. I also put bartolini pup and pre in the Cutlass, but restored the stock electronics about 5 years later.
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    1994 musicman sterling with moses graphite neck.
    removed the pickguard too.

will get bart pre and pickup soon.

6. Sharp

Jan 27, 2002
    Artists Relations, KMI
    Fernandes Atlas standard, switched to a more massive bridge to improve sustain and volume, changed string tree and nut, removed the split/seris/parallel switch and stock pickup and replaced it with 3 control knob MM replacement tone circuits and pickup. i love it so much more now.

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Fender 1995 Made in Mexico Jazz Bass.
    • Blue Pearloid pickguard from Jeannie's Pickguards
    • Fender Jazz knobs to replace the Strat knobs
    • Badass II Bridge
    • SD Basslines Quarter Pound Jazz pickups
    I don't own it anymore, but here's the pic.
    It was a nice bass.
  8. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
  9. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    While you guys are on this subject:

Any extra "junk" that you have lying around send to me! I can use just about anything. I have two home made basses in the naking right now and need just about anything that can be sent (minus bodies and neck). E-mail me if you have anything! Thanks!