1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Show your music!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Fxpmusic, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Fxpmusic

Fxpmusic

Jul 5, 2013
    We talk about our gear a lot but how about talking about our music? Or better yet, showing some. Post your tracks, live videos or websites.

2. Fxpmusic

Fxpmusic

Jul 5, 2013
    Eyesee7, andruca, mwbonsall and 5 others like this.
  3. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Folsom Prison Blues performed by my geezer country band, "The Lakebridge Boys" featuring lead singer Dave who is 83 years old.

Attached Files:

4. Slyonbass

Slyonbass

Feb 21, 2011
    Quebec, Canada
    Here's something from 2011 :

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  5. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    "Because We Ended As Lovers" is fun to solo over, nicely done.
    I like the studio tracks too.

Fxpmusic likes this.
  6. Slyonbass

Slyonbass

Feb 21, 2011
    Quebec, Canada
    Thanks!

7. repoman

repoman

Aug 11, 2011
    Kinderhook NY

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  8. ThinCrappyTone

ThinCrappyTone Guest

Oct 1, 2011
    Hey Friends. Here is a new song from my band, Bad Cake. It's a funky rock jam. Hope you like it. I played guitar and bass and produced it as best as I can with the gear I have.

For anyone who is curious, the bass is a Basses Loaded 6 String, with Bartolini passive single coils, plugged direct into an Mbox Pro 3. Guitar (dirty word here I know haha) is a 72 thinline telecaster deluxe re-issue, mim, also plugged in direct. Thanks for listening! :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  9. ST PATTY"S WAS FUN!

10. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    S. Texas Hill Country
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    Very nice job. Here's our version. (Maybe there should be a "Folsom Prison Blues thread"!)

Recorded just a few miles up the track from San Antone...

11. I co-produced my friend's CD a couple of years ago and played bass on the sessions. The CD isn't an easy listen lyrically, as much of it is related to his divorce, but I like this track quite a bit.

This track was cut with a Conrad bass like this ,but with a SD Quarter Pounder pickup in it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyf9UVOjw6DwvsFG4pdspFm-GXBEgP0qCwQDZpirNRf8Ax-ui7.jpg

ThinCrappyTone, McG and BassCliff like this.
  12. I recorded this when I woke up at 1 am and couldn't go back to sleep this morning. I didn't clean anything up or really re-record any parts just kind threw together what came to my head so go easy on me.

13. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I've got tons of video of me with various and sundry bands, but I'll start with one of my favorites. Daniel and I are filling in with the Arnie Newman Band.

Recorded with my little Zoom Q2HD right on stage.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

14. Here's two tracks before final mix that are going on an EP I'm making in my spare time.

Bunk McNulty, mwbonsall and BassCliff like this.
  15. I wanted to show my ,at the time, 81 year old band leader and 65 year old keys player tearing it up in this clip more than anything. It was a daytime benefit show and the energy that day was good!

I did 9 years with Johnny and would still be there if he was still with us.

McG and BassCliff like this.
  16. silvertone

silvertone

Nov 6, 2007
    SF, CA
    Me with my SF based, N'Awlins' influenced
    original rock band: Fog Swamp.
    (All songs by Alex Wise.)

"Secrets"
    Live from the Phoenix in San Rafael, CA.

"Sweet for a Day"
    Live at the Glen Park Festival in SF

"Slinkin'"
    Live at Brick & Mortar Music Hall in SF

Bunk McNulty, McG, BassCliff and 2 others like this.
  17. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    kap'n kro and BassCliff like this.
  18. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY

A clip of an audition at the Wall Street Theater in Norwalk CT. Hope you like - The Bob Cage Band. Check out the SoundCloud page for more tunes

McG and BassCliff like this.
  19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021