Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your Pedal boards!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Funkster, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm not sure if this has been done before, I did a search and came up with nothin.
    I just started using a few effects and completed my new board Pedal board. Should the flanger be the last in the chain? I'm not sure.
    Here it is. Show em if ya got em!
    [​IMG]

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I think that there was a previous thread on this topic, but here is a shot of mine:

[​IMG]

Tom.

3. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    Here's mine as it stands right now:

[​IMG]

Chris

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Nice stuff guy's hey what is that deep impact pedal, I see you both have one..

5. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    It's the best bass synth pedal that I have come across. You won't use it on every song, but used sparingly, it'll bring a smile to your face (or at least let you cover those tunes with the funky keyboard bass lines!).

Tom.

6. This has been done before but I can never get enough!

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm gonna have to give that pedal a test ride. :cool:

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Hey Funkster,

what's the pedal with flames on it? Looks like it says Flaming Funkdrive, never heard of it

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    That's exactly what it say's, Flamming Funkdrive!! LOL! We have a pedal guru out here in MA that makes his own stuff. His name is Roger Lavallee. He's a freak of nature.
    I went to his studio one night and he has every pedal known to mankind so I started farting around with a bunch of them and I came across this old Big Muff that just had the sweetest Bass fuzz I ever heard. It was a early 80's model when they went to some different resistors and such.
    Well he custom made me one with the same circuit as the big muff but with some added lowend. He also added a Octaver on one side. It is the sweetest bass Fuzz I ever heard, The octaver is kinda useless but it makes for some strange tones. Zoomboy had one made for himself also.
    I wish I had a sample cause it reall sounds pisser.

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Does Roger sell these? If so, how much? I'd love something like that, but with a variable crossover (for affecting only the higher frequencies) in place of the octaver.

Tom.

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm not sure Tom, Me and Zoomboy were both at his studio at the same time so we both had one made. He runs a full blown studio and it took me about 5 months to finally get it. I will ask him if I can post his email so you guy's can ask him questions. He makes all kinds of pedals and will make them as close as he can to your specs providing he can get the OEM parts.
    Henry

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Understood. If he is willing, I'd be interested in having his e-mail address. If not, I have another friend who does a lot of pedal building and tweaking.

Hey MS, yes, you still win! But what the heck is the "Prunes&Custard" pedal!?! :eek:

Tom.

13. is there any difference between the blue bassdrive and the silver one? im thinking about buying one

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    No. I called Fulltone on that one, and they said that despite using different case covers, and despite earlier models having a sticker that said "Bass-Drive" over the silk screened "Full-DriveII" (like mine), and older models having the "Bass-Drive" screened directly to the box, the circuitry has always been the same. That said, it has recently appeared that there are some new options being offered on the Bass-Drive that are not listed on the website. Namely, a mini toggle for compressor settings. You may want to check out one of the recent threads on the Bass-Drive.

I heartily recommend that you pick one up. It's a great unit.

Tom.

15. Yes, I listened to a sound clip of it and the tone is awesome. a bit expensive but for a tone I've wanted forever for I think it will be worth it.

16. Mine. :D

(Secret weapon, do a search.)

17. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Funkster, your are just a gear ho, ain'tcha!

Thor

18. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Yep, I can't help myself!! I need to see someone about this problem:D Makes up for my small hands, Yeah that's it:D
    Cool new logo for my new band OG you got happening there;) I'm diggin it!!!

I'm still waiting to hear from Roger!!

19. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Join the club! ;)