1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show your pink basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassist30, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Considering ordering a Alleva Coppolo LG5 or KBP5 in pink.
    I once saw a P bass in pink, vintage 60's and it looked great. I know pink has its drawbacks. But I wanted to buy a Pink bass back in 2000. Never did but it still was on my mind. I like the extreme pinks Light and dark but the in betweens look good too. I don't think there is alot of them out there but it would be nice if I can see some of them. I don't think this thread will pass page 1 but I would like to see a few just to see how they look. Flea has a nice one. Its real light pink. Fiesta Red sort of looks pink. Got any helpful pics?

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    Not mine but it sure is pretty..

wholebass.

bodyfront.

3. Hopefully this will be here soon. :meh:

4995_3.

5493_12.

It's going to get Villex pups and passive booster :bassist:

4. DLEE

DLEE

May 24, 2006
    Mableton ,Ga.
    Only a sissy would play pink,That's why mine are BubbleGum! LOL!!!! pinktwins.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Munji has the nicest pink bass I've ever seen -- a Lakland done in the perfect shade of pink. He might post a pic of it here.

Fair warning: It can cause major GAS. BIG TIME.

6. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I really want to have a custom bass made to be more like the hot pink bass that Mark has, with skull inlays like this.

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    It's not only pink, it's fluorescent pink.

bandone2.

8. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Here's Artiseasy and myself showing some Pink at a TB GTG last winter. Coral Lakland Glaub and a Pepto Bismol Pearl Kubicki.

9. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    This thread won't deliver 'til I see the shell pink JO5.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I thought you'd never ask. This is a U.S. Lakland Joe Osborn 5 with East J-Retro electronics and Lakland pickups, reputed to be designed like the Fralins I ordered. It's got the bound maple fretboard with mother-of-pearl blocks to go with the white pearloid pick guard. It plays as well as it looks. It's the only one of this color, and Pat threw away the rest of the paint.

LaklandPinkJO5FullTB01.

11. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    There we go.

Truthfully, with the amount of GAS that single bass has induced, I'm shocked Lakland hasn't made it an available color.

Then again, anyone can drool over that bass, it would take a different breed to actually order it.

12. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    I would SO play that one

13. I love that bass!!

As soon as my shell pink nitro arrives from ReRanch, I'll begin spraying a double P pup Electra I've had for a while. I'm going with vintage pearloid and knobs with pearl inlays. I've spent HOURS priming and prepping the body, I can't wait to finish it.

14. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

And there it is.

Sweet Jeebus, that's the nicest shade of pink I've ever seen. :cool:

15. I'm somewhat stuck in the 80's :bassist:

16. On a bass anyway :D

17. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs

I LOVE that coral!!!! (pepto not so much!)

18. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Munji that bass is beautiful. Not just the color but the whole package. It seems to really work together real nice. Its kind of the way i think I will have it made except it will have a rosewood neck. The pickguard really is outstanding with that color.
    Mouse that coral is sweet.
    banezcollector that is a nice shade of light pink.
    thisSNsucks I think your P looks better than the one you want.

19. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

That's beautiful Munji....Pat Rules!! I can't wait to show pics of my soon to be completed "Golden Rose" fretless and "Black" fretted with Pearl Blocks that Pat is doing for me.

George

20. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    The eyelids in that pic look pretty low. Are you sure this wasn't more than t TB GTG?:D

All joking aside, those are some fine pink basses.