Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your RBI settings.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ardorx, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    I'm just curious as to all the different tones everyone is using. I know this is copying the Show your GK settings, and I apologize, but that got my curiosity going.

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

It varies depending on the room, but I usually start with everything at 11:00 and tweak from there.

The most important control IMO is Blend: I rarely if ever have that turned above 50%.

3. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    My EQ settings are: Presence-1:00 Bass-12:00 Mid-12:30 Treble-10:00. I'm running the Drive and Blend at like 1:30, it sounds a little raspy when soloed but really helps me cut through in a band setting.

I've recently found that instrument output has a lot to do with the tone of this unit. I've always used an L2500 or a Thumb with this pre. I recently let a freind play through my rig with his Ibanez BTB. I was startled at how lifeless and dull it sounded. No amount of tweaking got it to come to life.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Today I was tweaking it and ended up with:

(on a scale of 1-10)

Drive, 9.5
    Presence, 3
    Blend, 9.5
    Bass, 4
    Mid, 8.5
    Trebble, 3

Something like that. Keep in mind though that I run it after an Eden Navigator preamp.

5. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Drive: 2 o'clock
    Presence: 10 o'clock
    Blend: 12 to 1 o'clock
    Bass: 12 to 2 o'clock (depending on room)
    Mid: 12 o'clock
    Treble: 12 o'clock

I use a multiband compressor and parametric EQ on the loop. I severely compress signal below 150Hz (to keep thick low end anytime) and above 150Hz I compress too but not so much. I use the second channel of the compressor for limiting. The only other EQ I add is a bit of those glassy highs around 10-12KHz (5-7dB) and cut 5-7dB with a rather wide Q around 2Khz (neither treble, mid or presence on the RBI helps to cut this -maybe in combination but I lose other frequencies I like to keep-).

ANDRUCA

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Here is the most updated setup on the RBI:

[​IMG]

7. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    nice. I'll put mine up this afternoon.

8. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    btw, how's that wireless working for you?

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It works really well aside from the fact that it drains bateries really quickly.

I would have bought a pair of rechargeables but I dont use it as much as I used to. Part of the fun of acting like an idiot on stage is learning to avoid killing yourself with the cable and keeping the cable from popping out

10. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Drive: 12 o'clock
    Presence: 12 o'clock (lower for reggae tunes)
    Blend: 50% most of the time, sometimes less for a cleaner sound
    Bass: usually 12 o'clock (higher for reggae)
    Mid: 2 o'clock
    Treble: 12 o'clock

I never turn the blend up past 50%; if I do, I lose too much midrange, and I can't make it up enough with the mid knob. With drive, presence, and blend all set to 12 o'clock, and the mids slightly boosted, I get a great tone. This setting sounds awesome with a pick.

11. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    I.E. guitar flips

12. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    Here's mines

DRIVE 1:30