Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show Your Rickenbackers!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AcousticBass, Jun 17, 2005.

1. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Hey pretty much everyone know's Rickenbacker's are the most sexy basses there are, why not rub it in their faces and post pictures of yours, plus I myself want to seem them really badly. I looooove Rickenbackers.....

2. Very Well.

2005 fretless Jetglo 4003
    [​IMG]

2002-2003 Fireglo 4003
    [​IMG]

1986 Rare Silver 4003
    [​IMG]

And comming to me in a couple weeks this 2004 Montezuma Brown 4004cii.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    :hyper:

4. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Those are Sweet. I wan't a Rick really bad. Only bass that I contantly GAS for. :hyper:

I have been playing a friends old 4001 off and on for the last month and it's only making the GAS worse. :crying:

Thanks for rubbibg it in my face. :bawl:

5. Your welcome. :cool:

6. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    man b'aces high your like a rickenbacker god, maybe we can be buds ill be your apprentice or sumthing.

Any more rickenbacker owners? come on!

7. GAHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's the sound of me dying to play a Ric.

8. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I always liked the look of the 4004 but wondered how they sound compared to conventional rics.

9. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Heh i know man, i'm in love with Rickenbackers and i have never even playd one before :D :crying:

10. Thanks.
    There are a few others on this site who have really nice Rics too, like incubus2432 has a sweet Lemmy sig and Thornton Davis has a really nice Burgandy 4001. And i think John Turner still has a 4080, considering he never parts with anything. (I hope that white Ric is compfy in the closet John!)

11. Apparantly warmer and more modern. But ill let you all know for sure in a couple weeks. :)

12. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Hey i was wondering if the 4004lk was any good? i love motorhead.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. The cheapest Ric bass is actually the 4003. They can be easily had for $985-$1100 USA brand new. And depending what finnish you get.

By now...the Lemmy sig would probally cost a small fortune considering there is supposed to only be about 60.
    There are supposed to be only 1000 Chris Squire models and they are going for about $4000 in some places. So i imagine the Lemmys wouldnt go cheap. Thats if you could even find one.

14. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    That's the Monty Brown 4004 on Mike Parks' site, right? I've been admiring that one for awhile! Normally I'm not too big on gold hardware but on that finish it looks great.

15. Thats the one. And my initals are beside it next to "sold" :D

16. I'm game.

2005 midnight blue 4003
    [​IMG]

17. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005

I think its you can only order 60 at a time, well at least thats what rickenbacker.com made it look like.

18. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Now this thread is giving me gas! Bad!

19. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    What does that mean? is that good or bad?

20. Show You're Rickenbacker's.

I'm not sure how to take this. You want us to show you that we are something belonging to Rickenbacker?

Attached Files: