Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your Roscoe in action at Youtube!!! (from Roscoe Forum)

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by BajosXclusivos, Jul 5, 2010.

1. BajosXclusivos

BajosXclusivos

Jun 17, 2010
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Dealer: Roscoe,Lakland ,Alleva Coppolo,Fodera,Xotic,FBass,Dingwall y Brubaker basses.
    Hi dear Roscoe owners,

With all the technology, today is more easy upload our videos and share them via Internet....Like a Roscoe owner and fan I want look some stuff of the Roscoe owners group... Show your video link and share the specs of the bass and equipments that you are using.

I can start with my Church band in South America link were I use my LG 3005 in Maple body,Burl Myrtle top, Sapwood purpleheart board,Barts+OBP-3... via my SVT Tube DI.

[​IMG]
    Show your vids!!!:bassist:

Tommy Julio

2. Here's some videos from the my latest session at Studio D in Sausalito, CA. One of the coolest things about that day was that Ray Manzarek's Wurlitzer, Rhodes, and Hammond were all set up from the day before in a semi circle around the studio's house grand which you can see at 1:36 in the first link.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Great playing and sound on the video Tommy! Very professionally put together!

5. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, Tommy! Great tone, great playing, great production!

Who says a Roscoe can't be slapped? I love that tone.

6. BajosXclusivos

BajosXclusivos

Jun 17, 2010
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Dealer: Roscoe,Lakland ,Alleva Coppolo,Fodera,Xotic,FBass,Dingwall y Brubaker basses.
    Thanks Greg,

This video is straight without any post or pre-production...This is as the people can hear and watch our sunday service online....Imagine the sound and video if this will be mixed and masterized...

Yeah the tone of Roscoe for slap is wonderful.... I love this sound too...:hyper:

7. BajosXclusivos

BajosXclusivos

Jun 17, 2010
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Very nice sound!!! This SKb6 has a ramp and Nords??

8. I don't have a Roscoe, but this video has recently made me consider getting one. Sick tone!!!

9. BajosXclusivos

BajosXclusivos

Jun 17, 2010
    Bogotá, Colombia
    The Grovewarrior link is powerful...you can see the B string in action...for me the best on the market.... I find another Youtube link of me with my Century fretless...this is more simple, but you will enjoy this...

Blessings,

10. Tommy,
    both videos are excellent, thanks for posting the links.

Andre

11. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Excellent vids, truly excellent all round.

And Tommy, your church is much cooler than anything here! :D

12. It does! The ramp is piece of ebony carved out by Geoff at SF GuitarWorks. He did amazing work!

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Tommy, great idea!

...thankfully, there are no known videos of me abusing my basses...

:ninja:

14. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Question- is the "Geoff" the same guy who once worked in the aerospace industry and came up with the carbon fiber neck concept. :ninja: ?

Thanks, oh yeah, cool vids dudes! "I'm, like, so wicked jealous" (said in valley girl voice).

15. Bajos...is this the same bass your playing now..??

Slick chops

16. I'm afraid not.. this is Geoff Luttrell found here:

http://sfguitarworks.com/

He's a great luthier!

17. BajosXclusivos

BajosXclusivos

Jun 17, 2010
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Hi LightGroove,

Yes, this is my bass on tyhe hands of a good friend and customer that was trying the Aguilar Octamizer... My LG 3005 has a nick name owned, his name is "Mr Seller" the 80% of my Roscoe customers was converted to Roscoe, testing my bass....;)

18. BajosXclusivos

BajosXclusivos

Jun 17, 2010
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Thanks to all but I want see your vids!!!!....No matter that on the vid appears Gard abusing his Century´s ....ahahahaha...

However this is my last vid to show you and PLEASE share your vids!!! Ok if you share will be that I´ve another below the table ; )

This guy is one of my customers from Guatemala that was testing his SKB3005 (slanted PU´s) with my favorite bass strings: DR Balckbeauties!!!!

Blessings to all,

Tommy

19. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Very cool videos!

This is my main bass, a awesome Roscoe LG with a Ash body, Buckeye top, and exhibition Cocobolo board. For some reason I tried to sell it but I came to my senses.

I just bought a nice Century Standard Plus with a beautiful Cocobolo top and Ebony board (looks like Wenge to me but the seller told me is Ebony). I'll get it on Tuesday according to my tracking #. Can't wait!!

[​IMG]

20. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    That is indeed a Wenge fingerboard, we've never put Ebony on Century Standard Plus. Don't let that change your opinion, it's a great bass anyhow! :)