Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SHOW YOUR ROSCOE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Senor SQUID, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    LG 3005 Dark Brown Top Swamp Ash Body & Top, Spalted Purpleheart Fingerboard, Demeter 3-Band Preamp, Bartolini Humbuckers, Black Hardware.

2. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Highly Detailed Swamp Ash

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Now, remove your elbow from the shift key and type that again :p .

But seriously, try to use caps sparingly.

4. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Nothing better to do I guess? :rolleyes:

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nice bass. I don't have one to show yet, but hopefully soon. After playing a Roscoe SKB 3006, I don't want one. I need one. It's just a matter of time. :)

6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Your collection isn't too shabby either. an SKB 6 would be real nice!

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, I think that with my F Bass BN6 and Modulus Quantum 5, a Roscoe would be a perfect compliment to them. If I had the cash right now, I would buy the one in the classifieds that emjazz has for sale there. If his is gone when I have the cash lined up, I guess it's time to call Gard or Adrian and see what they have for me.

8. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I just purchased this bass from GARD as well as an AGUILAR DB 750. He is a great guy!

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I figured you really wanted this bass. ;)

Well, it doesn't seem to be rushing out the door. Honestly, when it sells, it sells. It sounds so incredible that I'm not dying to get rid of it. I'm just going to order a custom six when it does go. I will truley miss the Roscoe though. I'll definately get another down the line. Keith just won't make exactly what I'm looking for so for now I have to go elsewhere. If I had the money to just buy a new one outright I'd keep the Roscoe for sure.

By the way Joey, great looking bass! How do you like the Demeter pre?

10. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Here's mine.
    [​IMG]

I thought about getting the Demeter in mine until I tried one out. Not a bad sound if I was a slapper but I much prefer the Bart for fingerstyle.

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    fresh out of the oven and right into a customer's mitts - this was a special order one piece buckeye top... sweet !!!!
    [​IMG]

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That is sooooooooo beautiful! I love the one piece top. Does that one have the 3/4" spacing at the bridge?

13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    See, I'm a fingerstyle player and I didn't like the Bart pre at all. I'm so glad that Keith offers the Demeter pre. Of coarse, mine's a little different being that it's the stock Demeter. I'm really curious to hear the difference in the Roscoe/Demeter preamp.

Your six came out fabulously. It's a real looker for sure.

14. WOW! Love that buckeye!

15. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Both beautiful basses. I really like the one piece body with the natural tops. The DEMETER is great for fingerstyle as well as slapping. It is super quite too!

16. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Now I really want a one piece buckeye burl LG3005!

17. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Joey,
    Nice looking Roscoe! I would imagine that the Roscoe sounds very warm through the Aguilar.
    Here's a couple of pictures of mine.

Andrew,
    Are two extra notes that important? ;)
    I may try the Demeter in my fretted Roscoe again. The Demeter in my Gecko died and when it returns from Demeter I'll have to decide which bass get its.

18. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What a great looking fretless!

You know, I ask myself that same question everyime I play the Roscoe live........... :meh: I do want the pickups in a different place though. Actually, I'm listening to some Marcus Miller right now........maybe I should just get an F bass for that killin jazz bass tone.....I guess it never ends. Truthfully, the Roscoe can't be beat. Different tone but it's great indeed.

19. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Speaking of buckeye burl Roscoes, here are a couple of nice ones that have come through the doors of Blueberry Hill as of late....

20. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    A few relatively new custom orders...

The blue exh. quilt SKB 3006 is fellow TBer Arthur U. Poon's bass.