Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

show your settings on the ehx bass micro synth!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by typpex, Aug 24, 2004.

1. typpex

typpex

May 9, 2004
    Hi , here are some settings i use with mine:

--------*----*----*------------*---------------

---*------------------------------------*-------

------------------------------------*-----------

----------------------------------------------*-

-----------------------*----*-------------------

I named this one constipated duck!!
    and this one is a killer octaver:

--------*----*----------------------------------

---*--------------------------------------------

------------------*-------------*---*---*---*---

------------------------------------------------

-----------------------*----*-------------------

Adjust them at your taste !!
    Show yours !!!

2. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Sorry if this a little too off topic, but how do you like your pedal typpex...I have been throwing around the idea of getting one of these. I have been playing a lot of (shall we say) experimental jazz and funk, so I would actually have a use for the pedal. I know it isn't very practical to change setting between songs, but I have heard these things sound great. Can you get a fairly wide range of tones from this thing? Thanks.

3. typpex

typpex

May 9, 2004
    Hi, first sorry for my english , i'm french!! About the bass micro synth the sound you 'll get with it is very awesome , you'll be able to have the sound of the first analog synth like moog or korg, listen to daft punk to have an idea of these sound , further more ehx is completly analog and you can play pastorius like basslines this bass synth will follow wether the boss bass synth won't and i think the boss sounds too chemical.
    The settings of the ehx are quite complicated and you'll have to get use to it just a matter of time!! Changing the settings on stage takes a little time there's no presets (like the first synth!!)but once you know your presets it's quicker!
    I've been working with it for a few month and it became necessary to my sound i use it with other effects like a chorus Boss CE-2B or a wha jim dunlop 105Q.
    Try it you'll buy it !!! also try the settings i gave on this forum to start with it they are a good start to understand the stompbox!!
    Hope this'll help you!!

4. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for the reply, it was very helpful. I think I am about sold on this pedal. I can't wait to try your "constipated duck" setting.