1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show your unlined fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by simongpaez, Nov 21, 2006.

1. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Not mine but I will definetly have one soon

2e2o3v7.jpg

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    CarvinLB75F.jpg

3. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Not the best pic, but it's the only one I have showing the full view:

[​IMG]

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

That is sweet! May I ask what case that is?

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    FRETLESS502.jpg

warmoth17a.jpg

FretlessJazz15a.jpg

I still have the white one.

6. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    KĂžbenhavn
    It's been posted in the 'Show Your Customs' thread but what the heck, I think this one could stand another showing! Here's my Warmoth with Nordstrands :hyper:
    2a91m3p.jpg

3zbe106.jpg

2i96w6q.jpg

7. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    It's the one that Rob ships standard with his basses these days. It's made by PRO TEK and appears to be a variation on the "Contego" model. It's not bad, though not particularly heavy duty - the zippers especially could use some more bulk. It's pretty comfortable as a backpack for a semi-hard case, especially with the lightweight RA inside.

8. My Birdsong tribe...includes Cortobass #50 (jacob).. and Sadhana#4(Hippie ben):bassist: :bassist: View attachment 45933

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

You have some amazing basses, and a lot of them as well! Do you mind if I ask how you've come to acquire so many expensive basses? Good job, no kids, etc?

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    [​IMG]

11. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    That is one classy looking fretless jazz, burningskies!!!

12. MikeRS

MikeRS

Aug 16, 2005
    Clinton, MA
    Two shots of me with my custom shop fretless beauty. Cheap too, it was originally a Squire but I had the neck replaced with a fretless/lineless one, Dimarzio pickups and a BadassII Bridge. For me, if it has lines it may as well have frets too, besides, they take away from the neck and can become inaccurate after a setup.

untitled.JPG

untitled2.JPG

Yeah I know my pictures are tiny compared to the other ones...

13. Ive been playing since 72 and keep a eye out for collectibles,,,, great ex wives...my 2 kids(son 17 and daughter 10 play bass)....,a couple pics of one of my bass rooms !:bassist: :hyper: :bassist:

14. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Well, you have amassed one amazing collection! I have a hard time picking out what bass to play and I only own three!

15. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars

Thanks friend.

Lets be honest the picture was taken and chosen for its eye-candy qualities. But it also is a good lesson on how to get a kickin' fretless for easily under a grand.

It's a MIJ Jazz that I bought new for 400 bucks. I added some Fralin pickups (a couple hundred) that have since moved on to another Jazz.

Of the covers, the pickup cover is a RI, and the bridge cover is off of what may have been a 70's or 60's Jazz. My repair guy has a large tool box full of forgotten Fender covers and he let me buy what I wanted for 5 bucks. I picked the best looking one, and actually had to remove the original foam inside it. The thumb rest is also a RI.

16. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    no good pic of the neck. :(

[​IMG]

17. +1:)

18. there is a 85 fender precision fretless,warrick corvette standard fretless and a grant(custom) fretless as well in the collection along with the birdsongs !!!!:)

19. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Why does Fender not make unlined fretless basses, except for the Tony P-Bass? I really like Fenders, especially the Jazz (I have a fretless MIM and love it), but I prefer unlined.