1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Showdown of the 1x12 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clavo, Mar 24, 2009.

1. clavo

clavo

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Ashdown 1x12 vs. Bergantino 112 vs. Aguilar 112 vs. Lowdown 1x12 vs. Epifani 1x12 vs. your nomination..
    Which produces the best sound for 60's R&B:bassist:

2. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    how on earth is anyone supposed to know this unless they have all of these cabs, AND play 60's R&B? I say every single one of them is best.

3. crayzee

crayzee

Feb 12, 2009
    Mississauga, ON
    Ditto. And it also depends on your amp. And it also depends on what you're playing. More info on your rig would help a lot.

4. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    didn't Tombowlus do a shoot-out a while back? do a search for it. :)

5. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Here it is:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251469&highlight=Bowlus+1x12+shootout

KO

PS - FWIW I thought about getting two 1x12's for most of a decade. In the end I got a 2x12, 12's mounted vertically, one rack width wide with kick back wheels. Genz Benz NeoX 212T. It's super-easy to move and sounds great. I think it's easier to move than two 1x12's would have been and realistically I would seldom have left the house with just one 1x12.

6. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Aguilar GS-112.
    I dislike this cab immensely.
    It sounds old school right out of the box with an iAMP800 or different SWRs.
    It sounds fat and greasy and old school.
    I want to make that happen myself without this kind of coloration.
    The tweeter is immature in this field.
    Great size and nice cover.
    Slowest cab I've ever played. Could be a scoop that causes this perception.
    Hurt my hands trying to play fast.
    Every other cab I had from a BBII to EA 1x12 to SWR 2x10s and 4x10s was much quicker.
    Great for playing electric upright because of the slowness.
    Many folks like it.
    EA wizzy 1x12s are supposed to sound real old school by design.
    My Berg 1x12s sound old school (with a warm pre) and new school too, which ever you want.