1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shredneck travel bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassinstincts, Jun 4, 2014.

1. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Saw this advertised in BP. Price was $229 at the Shredneck Website. Bought it on impulse for $149 new on Ebay. First impression not good because it came with unbelievably sh*tty, dead strings of unknown provenance. Replaced them with short scale boomers and the little guy sounds pretty damn good. Not huge tonal range, but between the tone control and hand position over the P and J pickups (no pickup selector) there are actually some very usable and ballsy sounds at both ends of the spectrum and in the middle. Fit and finish seems quite respectable. Comes with a cheesy, thin gig bag, but its all you need and should expect for the r\price. Now I have to find a use for it beyond playing in the car when someone else drives on a long trip.

PS My one call to Shredneck "customer service" about a good string replacement was not returned. Maybe it
    was because I bought elsewhere and disclosed this fact up front.

2. randyripoff

randyripoff

Jul 12, 2008
    Chicago
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    What's the scale?
    The no blend control is "fail-ish," but, I dig the concept.

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Somewhere in all these stats you figure they could put a scale length.
    I wonder, if the whole thing top to bottom is 36.25"...it looks like from the nut to the headstock is maybe 2 or 3 inches. And maybe another fraction of an inch from the bridge to the end of the body. It could be full scale, or close to it.
    Shredneck-Travel-Bass-Z-Body-Weights-and-Dimensions.