1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shuker Update No3 - Completed Body (Pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Just got pictures of the body of my Shuker the body and neck are no complete awaiting a nice shinny coating :)

Specs for this body are

Solid Flamed Maple Body
    Imbuya Burr Back
    Madrone Top
    Black Pinstripes
    Rib Cage cut away

Hope u like!!!

I am so excited

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting pics of the neck soo u cant quite see it but the top has a slight curve to it and the madrone bent over it and fixed :)

2. Good stuff! Looks like it's gonna be nice when it's done.

3. thank you richard it should be good.. as u can tell i really like the top on ur basses and have gone for something similar :)

anyone else have any thoughts :)

Cheers

4. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Sweet man! That is really stunning. I'm starting to bloat up here.

I have a few questions for both you and Richard:

1) Is Jon flexible AND affordable with small option and spec changes?

2) How's the B string on the 34" scale? Clear and equal with the other strings?

3) How much is shipping/tax/import fees? (for Richard I guess)

Thanks so much, and enjoy your new baby.

5. Hey Chris, what's up?

To answer your questions:

1) Jon is VERY flexible and responsive, as well as affordable. Can't imagine any luthier being much better in that regard. He did a couple cool things for me, like adding 25th and 26th frets and making wooden control knobs.

2) My B strings are just dandy. And if you're concerned, he can do 35" scale.

3) Somehow I escaped paying import fees, but Jon strongly prefers to ship overnight, feeling that that less time the bass spends in transit, the better. Figure $200-300 for that. Yeah, I know it seems like a lot, but you really wouldn't want to wait long for your brand new custom, would you?

If you're interested, go ahead and give Jon a shout. He's very approachable and a great guy. He makes great stuff, and even with the exchange rate what it is, I think his stuff is a great deal. Tell him I sent you!