Shuker Update No3 - Completed Body (Pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Just got pictures of the body of my Shuker the body and neck are no complete awaiting a nice shinny coating :)

Specs for this body are

Solid Flamed Maple Body
    Imbuya Burr Back
    Madrone Top
    Black Pinstripes
    Rib Cage cut away

Hope u like!!!

I am so excited

Getting pics of the neck soo u cant quite see it but the top has a slight curve to it and the madrone bent over it and fixed :)
  2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Good stuff! Looks like it's gonna be nice when it's done.
  3. thank you richard it should be good.. as u can tell i really like the top on ur basses and have gone for something similar :)

anyone else have any thoughts :)

4. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Sweet man! That is really stunning. I'm starting to bloat up here.

I have a few questions for both you and Richard:

1) Is Jon flexible AND affordable with small option and spec changes?

2) How's the B string on the 34" scale? Clear and equal with the other strings?

3) How much is shipping/tax/import fees? (for Richard I guess)

Thanks so much, and enjoy your new baby.
  5. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Hey Chris, what's up?

To answer your questions:

1) Jon is VERY flexible and responsive, as well as affordable. Can't imagine any luthier being much better in that regard. He did a couple cool things for me, like adding 25th and 26th frets and making wooden control knobs.

2) My B strings are just dandy. And if you're concerned, he can do 35" scale.

3) Somehow I escaped paying import fees, but Jon strongly prefers to ship overnight, feeling that that less time the bass spends in transit, the better. Figure $200-300 for that. Yeah, I know it seems like a lot, but you really wouldn't want to wait long for your brand new custom, would you?

If you're interested, go ahead and give Jon a shout. He's very approachable and a great guy. He makes great stuff, and even with the exchange rate what it is, I think his stuff is a great deal. Tell him I sent you!