1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shure E5's

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gonnabdrum, Apr 13, 2006.

1. gonnabdrum

gonnabdrum

Apr 13, 2006
    So i sold my bike and im out to get some In Ear Monitors....
    I heard of the shure E5's with the psm700 transmitter.....
    So does anyone know if theyre any good i really need to buy em but if u know something better please tell me until then im convinced with these e5's.

2. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
  3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    In-ears aren't really recording equip, so I'll move this to misc.

4. rogerjeep

rogerjeep

Aug 10, 2005
    I have a set of Shure E5's and I used them for the two years. If you use them I would recommend buying the triple flange sleeves. However, I recently switched to Westone UM2 Dual driver in-ear monitors. Weston makes the Shure monitors(so I've been told) These are cheaper and I like the highs better and more comfortable in the ears. I wear them 4 nights a week!!
    Hope this helps.

5. wwittman

wwittman

Apr 21, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    There are many high end in ear monitors to choose from.

I;m not a big fan of the Shures personally ...

I'd recommend looking at:
    Futuresonics
    Sensaphonics
    Ultimate Ears

they make the most popular and probably the best out there... then you need to decide for yourself which you like.

I have Futuresonics and Sensaphonics.

Be aware that if you move to in ears it's a good idea for the entire band to use the same ones, otherwise you're making the monitor mixer's job MUCH harder.

6. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    +1 on Westone. After a ton of research online I went with some UM2's and they work great. Been using them for a couple months now. A lot of people say they're as good, if not better than the E5's at nearly half the price (if you look around enough).

You'd still need to pickup a wireless unit too though... and most new ones seem to come with their own buds, but you could look around for something used.
    ---
    c