1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shure PGX14 Wireless System

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 95JettaCity, May 12, 2006.

1. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I'm looking to get a wireless and I'm pretty set on the Shure PGX14. After reading reviews it seems like a great unit for the price and you can never go wrong with Shure. And not to mention my discount makes new products affordable! ;)

Has anyone used this system before? And have you used if with a 5 stringer and the lower notes?

Thanks
    Andy

2. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yes! I've had mine for a couple of months now, and I now ask myself why I waited so long to cut the umbilical cord...

I play both 4 & 5 stringers... active Fenders, and the PBX-14 transmits the low B on the five as clear as it does the G...

I got mine from Northern Light & Sound... their price shocked me compared to the prices I had seen from most online places... $110 less than Musician's Friend for example...

You'll love the feeling of freedom... trust me! However, these wireless transmitters go through batteries almost as much as our politicians in DC go through our tax dollars, so be prepared for that!

3. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Thanks Keeaumoku! I have one of these on its way from Northern Light and Sound, and you/they saved me $110 dollars! Do you still like it? Now I can be our soundguy and step back and listen to the mix from afar. :hyper: