1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shuttle 12.0 settimgs ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kirk Bryant, Oct 14, 2010.

1. HELP ME .....

could you please :.... favorite GB Shuttle 12.0 settings ???? please:

I am a bit lost having never had an amp with Gain, Vol AND Master Vol. all on a....... a... BASS AMP ..kinda high tech eh? .... and two channels to deal with and the parametrics.... I tell ya I need some help for some simple basic kick ass settings ...

thank you

peace kirk

2. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    hate to sound crass, but it was this dilema that caused me to go with the shuttle 6.
    when in doubt set flat and tweak away one knob at a time.

3. you really don't sound crass ......but that angry (feline I think) is scarey..!!

some how the one knob at a time does not seem to work.. I am thinking ..Gain up a bit vol hotter and Master Vol hotter yet but I have never had a head with this type of "Hi Fi" type of front end Ya Know What I Mean? !!!?
    I am not a sound engenier and this front end seems to be more akin to a P.A. head type rig which I am not so familiar with.

peace Kirk

4. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    this is my 6.0 setting with 2x10+1x15
    tube side only. gain 2 o'clock, volume 10 o'clock. low 3 o'clock. mid gain 1 o'clock, mid freq 1 o'clock. treble flat. (I have adjustable horns in my cabs). master vol 10 o'clock. When I need treble I use the HF boost.

5. Shmone

Shmone

Feb 16, 2009
    Israel
    I currently own a ShuttleMax 6.0 and first I must say that the amp sounds awesome flat.
    When I first got it it definitely took some time to get to know it, currently I use it on the mix settings with the tube gain set for a little tube grit when I play hard and a small boost around 400hz and in the treble.

6. RColie

RColie Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    I run mine pretty much flat through the solid state channel, with only very minor tweaks for room acoustics. You might have read this already, but the SM 12.0 manual has a section on getting started with the preamp settings.

Bob

7. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    You need to know what kind of cabs and bass along with the kind of tone you're looking for before much can be said about settings. I play rock, funk, and blues with either a Valenti PJ5 (alder/rosewood) or Carvin SB5000 (ash/maple) through the SM12.0 and an Uber 212T cab. For both tube and FET channels, I run the pre-gain at 12:30, volume at 1:00, master between 11:00 and 12:00. EQ is very close to flat and I get a nice full sound; fat but still tight on the bottom, nice low mid punch, articulate mids, and a little air up on top. This seems to sit well in the mix. I usually play a little behind the neck pickup but shift hand position and attack as needed for the song. Pickups are usually balanced or within 1/4 turn of each other to give the tone I look for. This is only one player's take but thought the context might give settings a little more meaning. Don't let the knobs intimidate. Set everything flat, get the gain structure right, then tweak some EQ to taste. A little goes a long way. :bassist:

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Put all the knobs at 12 o clock, and only tweak what needs tweaking.

9. I'm still playing mine flat.