1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

shuttle 6.0 210t for heavier metal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by paradigm_shift, Sep 14, 2008.

1. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    I was wondering if anyone had tried this amp in this situation and had much luck with it?
    Prodominantly death metal/grindcore with a little crust thrown in for good measure. It SEEMS a really good amp. . .Anything I need to know about it in this context?

Yes I have searched.Didnt Find the specific answers I was looking for.

Thanking you all :)

2. It really depends on what your are competing with......eg: Loud drummer & gui****s?
    I'm not sure that single 210 cab is going to quite be enough and you may need top consider a 410 cab or 2 X 210 cabs?

I think the shuttle should have enough firepower in it to do the job, but may need more drivers.

3. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Is that a new style of metal? "Heavier Metal". haha. :D

4. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    Heavier metal...haha why not!...I couldnt be bothered writing Sub(sub)genre's 101 for the masses. So went with that :rolleyes:

5. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    +1

I can't imagine grindcore working too well with only two 10's.

6. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Kinda agreeing with the other folks here, the amp could probably get it done on a 4ohm load, that means 2 - 8ohm cabs, not 1 - 4ohm one, more cones moving more air. I can't imagine how a single 210, no matter how good or expensive it is getting the job done. You're going to be asking more than your equipment has to give.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i did a flippin' loud hard rock show w/ a rental 4x10 & 1x15 along w/ my shuttle in tow, and worked like a charm.

a single 2x10 against shotgun like drums and a 50 watt marshall half stack?? doubtful.

8. +1, and the very small, very lightweight Shuttle 210 is on the 'low end' of the volume spectrum compared to other 210's IMO and IME.

It won't be even close for your needs, even for stage monitoring use.

The Shuttle 6.0 head with a larger 4ohm cab would probably do just fine in that context as long as you had PA support.