1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shuttle 6.0 7 months later post "NEW TOY" syndrome

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fretlessboy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I have been using this thing since February and waiting for the "New Toy Smell" to wear off. Well it hasn't. Every time I plug in I get my tone without anything weird going on. It performs as it did when it came out of the box. This summer it has been use 7 days a week and some weeks 14 times a week and I have had NO issues what so ever. It was used a week at a time on the beach and everything is working flawlessly. All controls are still quiet with out any scratchy pots and the casing looks brand new as well. So in short, 7 months later and I still think it's the best head built under 40 pounds.

The above opinions are those of the OP and should not be taken as anything other than his opinion. May cause sterility in small farm animals.:eyebrow:

2. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Well, I've had a scratchy volume pot, but otherwise, no complaints here. There are a number of options similar to the Shuttle out there that pique my interest, but I get everything I want from what I own and don't need to worry.

I've had mine since March, so it's only been six months of gigging for me.

3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Shuttle 3.0 still great after a few months. It's the combo I was waiting for the last few years. I have no GAS for a new amp at all.

4. Radek

Radek

Jun 12, 2008
    I've used mine only on 5 rehearsals and no issues so far. I like simplicity and connectivity it gives. And those bright LEDs... they adds to atmosphere when playing in dark. ;)

5. I still want one :(

6. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    indeed... gotta love the retina scearing blue lights

7. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    I've had mine for just about two weeks. Sounds great in every situation thus far, small gigs and a few outdoor settings near the beach at Waikiki with a full band. It loves all my cabs, and I love all the features, especially the tonal flexibility. :D

The one thing that is driving me nuts is that even looking hard at the chassis seems to knock some black paint off exposing aluminum. I'm careful with my gear, carry the shuttle in a nicely padded gig bag, but it already looks to be a year or two old, and I opened the factory shipping box myself two weeks ago :eyebrow:

This is my first experience with Genz product, and though certainly not a deal breaker, a drag. Maybe I just got a cosmetic "lemon".....

8. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Hmmmmm, that's odd. Maybe some one from Genz will pop in and know what's up with that. mine's been used on the beach jube June9 and still looks new

[/quote] The one thing that is driving me nuts is that even looking hard at the chassis seems to knock some black paint off exposing aluminum. I'm careful with my gear, carry the shuttle in a nicely padded gig bag, but it already looks to be a year or two old, and I opened the factory shipping box myself two weeks ago :eyebrow:

This is my first experience with Genz product, and though certainly not a deal breaker, a drag. Maybe I just got a cosmetic "lemon".....[/QUOTE]

9. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    I've had mine now for about 4 months. Paired with my NeoX212 it kicks for any show I play (small to medium size clubs, loud rock band). I love the tone and, along with the NeoX, of coure the wieight....playing in NYC I deal with a lot of small hallways ans staircases, so this setup has been a life saver - and all without sacrificing punch and clarity.

10. Good stuff fellas!

I don't own a Shuttle, nor plan on owning one (until they become passe next year and you guys are unloading them for $300 in the Classifieds so you can buy the Miniscule2000 that runs 2000w@2ohms and weighs 15oz. ;) ).

It's refreshing to hear peoples' experiences later on, especially on the job with the gear where the rubber meets the road!

11. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Well, I do also have a few paint chips, but I thought it was just me. I use the head 2-3 times a week and dont really treat it as 'nice' as I should. But that is the only shortcoming I find in this amp. It is simply incredible!!!!

12. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    I'm pretty blown away by the volume I get out of the 3.0-10t. I'm using it on gigs that I used to bring a small 1x15 cab to! Granted not at crushing volumes but it keeps up with some fairly hard hitting drummers - way better than my old GK microbass combo did. It's not just volume - this combo puts out a nice solid low end for being so small.

I've popped the head out and used it with a 4 ohm 2x12 on some loud outdoor & dance band gigs. No trouble keeping up. This head is tiny and puts out a solid fat 300 watts.

13. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I went into the local shop and tried a Shuttle 6.0 last week...well, I tried to...it apparently didn't work :meh:

14. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    You're not the only one. Love my amp... great for what it does, mine may not look a year old, but the paint does come off easily...

Otherwise one of the few products that actually does what it says it would do.

15. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    My paint has taken a bit of a hit as well, but who cares. Gives it character and it sounds fantastic.

...doesn't everything sound/look great on a beach in Waikiki....:smug:

16. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes me want to sand mine to keep up with you guys.

img_0540-1.

17. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I have some paint chipping also, as well as a scratch on the faceplate. I transport mine in in the Genz bag as well.

18. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Dennis,
    You dont have to relic yours just to be cool, like us........

19. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    oh no!!!!!! would you fix your sig. then? :eyebrow:

20. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Catwoman outfit? :D