1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shuttle 6.0 and NEOX 112t

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Medford Bassman, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    Ok, so I just purchased a NEOX 112T cabinet to use at smaller gigs with my Shuttle 6.0. I own a NEOX 212T and I've been using it for two years now. Awesome cabinet in itself but it can get VERY loud and powerful. Many of the weddings we play, it's actually overkill. I still use the 212 for larger halls and outdoors. We send everything through FOH, so the cabinets are stage monitors.
    Well, I used the 112T last night at a wedding for the first time. Holy @#!* what and awesome cabinet. One of my guitarists could not believe the tone it was pumping out. I love the tilt leg, it was pointed up at me all night and it was great hearing my tone just like I want it.

The Shuttle runs at about 375 watts at 8 ohms and it was plenty against drums and 2 guitars. I ran the amp master at about 5 all night. Never broke a sweat.

I wasn't going to buy the 112T but I got tired of running my Shuttle at 2 1/2 on the master at most gigs. Plus, while 59 lbs isn't heavy for a cabinet, 35 lbs is even better!!! My drummer freaked when he picked it up to carry it into the hall.

I now posses the lightest gear in the band and one of the guitar players wants to know why Genz-Benz doesn't offer a lightweight guitar amp. I leave it to the great people at G-B to answer that one.

Anyway, G-B hit another home run with the 112T. Thanks for making my working life even eaiser with quality products. Also, don't forget, G-B has the BEST CS in the business.

:hyper::D

2. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    the shuttle 6.o and noex 112t is my only rig but its handled everything so far. Never got the volume past halfway yet. Its pumps out some great lowend with my P

Can't see me needing another cab unless my gig changes considerably

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I've played dozens of gigs with that setup. It is indeed an amazing rig, and the Shuttle performs flawlessly at 8 ohms. Congrats!

4. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    See, it's not just me... EVERYBODY loves this rig!!!!!

5. btw: which speakers are used with the neoX 212T? Eminence?

6. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR

Yes Sir.

7. thanks!

8. lowdownwalt

lowdownwalt

Mar 23, 2008
    BC Canada
    YES!

This little Rig kills! :bassist:

9. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    The more I use my 6.0 210T, the more I like it. One rig for any rehearsal, any gig. I'm waiting for an excuse to run it at 4ohms. Got a dance in a big banquet hall coming up next week. :hyper:

JKT