1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shuttle 6.0 + D410XLT???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Igital, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Igital

Igital

Dec 19, 2008
    Norway
    Hi!

I am presently cab-hunting for my Shuttle and that is definitely not easy up here in the arctic. At the stores you can usually test and A/B Behringer, Hartke and GK backline and maybe an Ampeg or two. That's about it. I can order other brands via the net but alas: no testing. How I envy you guys in the US!

Cabs are ridiculously expensive here, and especially GBs, so the Uber I'm GASing for after spending too much time on TB will have to wait (1700USD for the 410...). Most other good and obvious choices for the 6.0 (and me) are too expensive or simply unavailable :crying:

Now it seems I might be able to buy a used Eden D410XLT just within my budget, although it is the 8 ohm version and I would have preferred the 4 ohm. Downside: I will not be able to try it out. (It's through a dealer and I do have the possibility to return it, but it will cost $$).

Have anyone here tried this combination? I have seen threads indicating that those cabinets don't sound their best unless fed enough wattage. It also seems people either love them or hate them.

I play loud 4-string fingerstyle rock - no slapping, no pick. (And just so it's mentioned: Neither Behringer, Hartke or GK are alternatives for me.)

Any input appreciated!

2. I haven't played through this one but I'd go with a 4Ω cab.

3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL

4. Igital

Igital

Dec 19, 2008
    Norway
    Thanks Gearhead! A bit growly - yes, that's what I have heard others state about this cab and that sounds nice to me. I don't want it too clean and HiFi.

My main outfit (and the setting in which I will mostly use this cab) has three guitars (sometimes four!) and amps are usually Twin Reverb, Vox AC30 + some weird and very obscure vintage tube stuff. No Marshall stacks, but it's plenty loud and our drummer used to play hardcore punk for many years...

We mainly gig clubs with a capacity of 100-300 people and most of the time with PA support. The past few years I've mostly run just a small combo on stage as a monitor, but I am not so happy with that setup, and at rehearsals it's way too weak. After doing some gigs with an SVT CL and a Trace V6 (not together...) + the obligatory fridge, where a lot of the bass came off stage (it sounded really nice and our sound guy liked that too) I decided to get some new gear. Not being able to find a used affordable good quality all tube head the Shuttle is a surprisingly good compromise, although I do see an all tube head in my future...

Sadly I haven't found the 4 ohm 410XLT used, new that one too costs close to 1700usd here in Norway and that's way too much for me just now.

5. joplin

joplin

Aug 31, 2008
    NYC
    If you have any plans to add another cabinet in the future, the 8 ohm cab would be my choice.

The 8 ohm cabinet has advantages because you may want to add a D210XST later. The D210XST is a popular cab because it has a much lower range (down to 30Hz) which blends well with the D410XLT or D210XLT.

6. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    DO IT!!!! I use the same setup although my cab is a 4 ohm. Still, the Eden cabs are so efficient that 375 watts will be plenty. The tone is to die for. The Eden XLT cabs cut through the mix really well. You cant go wrong.

Daniels4thbirthday055.

7. When I saw the thread title I had an idea this combo would sound awesome. FWIW, I just ran my Shuttle 6.0 into my Epifani UL410. It's an 8-ohm cabinet, and I had no shortage of headroom. In a past life I ran one and sometimes two Eden D210XLT's, and I loved 'em. Good luck with your decision.

8. Igital

Igital

Dec 19, 2008
    Norway
    I bought the D410XLT today and brought it to band practice. It was an incredible experience. Those 375W into that cab was loud, plenty loud! And if I was deeply impressed and totally satisfied with the cabinet, now I really discovered what a little wonder the Shuttle 6.0 is. I just love the growl and punch I can get out of that rig, but I can also understand why that cab isn't everybodys choice. For me it's close to perfect.

A big thank you to you TB'ers who gave me the little confidence I needed to take the plunge. This place is a wonderful resource, and it was of course here I discovered the Shuttle and some of the people behind it.

So I'd also like to give a big (often repeated, and well deserved) thank you to the Genz Benz crew for their wonderful gear and stellar CS.

I've been playing for more than 25 years now and today I was like this again::hyper: