1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shuttle 6.0 or GK 1001RBII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hyoshim, Sep 28, 2008.

1. hyoshim

hyoshim

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Paired with Avatar 212. Which one do you like and why

2. GK 1001 RBII, because I'm a fanboy. (Actually, I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out through an Avatar 212 yet.)

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I just sold my shuttle partly because it just didnt seem to have the power that I was accustomed to with my LMII. That said, in terms of power, its likely the GK has more.

Tonally, I dug the shuttle with the *right* eq settings.

4. gil_mor

gil_mor

Apr 24, 2006
    Sedona, Az
    +1:)

5. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I have not used an Avatar 212 but did face your same question. I now own the GK 1001RBII. I overall preferred the tone of the GK and preferred having a little more overhead versus the Shuttle 6.0. I play mine through an Epifani 310. So a different beast altogether. If you are looking for real lightweight..you cannot go wrong with the Shuttle. I actually have a Shuttle 3.0 10t combo and use that a lot where I do not need the extra overhead of the GK. I even sometimes just use the head with the Epi 310 cabinet and it sounds really good. Not quite as warm or dirty as the GK but it works in a pinch.

So, if you want more overhead and a bit more dirty sound and do not mind the extra weight. Go with GK. If lightweight is your thing...the Shuttle 6.0 is awesome.

6. hyoshim

hyoshim

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks guys. Looks like I'll go forward with GK.

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The GK and the Avatar 2x12 are a great pair. The Avatar is a little loose in the low end, the GK can be super tight so they compliment each other nicely.

If I were buying today I'd have to give a serious think about the MB2-500 though. Truth is that the 700 watts of my 1001 RB II is kind of comforting - I'm not running out of headroom any time soon :D but I could probably say the same thing about the 500 watts on tap in the little guy ... or the 700 for that matter.

I'm normally a little shy of 1.0 product - I couldn't buy the old Jeep- it said 4.0 on the back... the new one said 4.0 HO - that made me feel lot's better... (I'm kidding of course). GK Customer Service has been good to me over the years. I trust them to continue on the same way. That Bob Gallien takes the time to read and post here is also confidence inspiring. I feel tht I could buy the MB2-500 from RMC and be sure that I'd be well taken care of. If my current 1001 RB II (this is my second - I got stupid and sold the first one ...) wasn't under a year old, I would consider taking the loss and snagging the litle guy anyway. As it is, I'll wait for someone to decide they need the horsepower later and do the trade I think ... I hate dancing the dance of depreciation if I don't have to ...

Truth is that I've been getting great customer service from the vast majority of the folks I've dealt with in the Musical Instrument, Recording and Amplification business. Contrast that with cars, travel and other assorted stuff and these guys look like Saints!