1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

shuttle 6.0 w/dual neoX112T's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fretlessboy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Last night I did it... I figured out which cabinet combination I haven't used and I used it. I haven't run the dual 112 rig live and I decided to give it a whirl. This room is the room I play every Wednessday (and have played for the last 1.5 years). It is the room the 1200/Uber410 picture was taken in. We start our set and played some kinda cool jazz at a moderate volume and this rig sounded like a million bucks... then the sit ins began where as always control goes out the window. So this singer comes up and when asked what he'd like to do and he said Zeplin's Rock and Roll would be cool so we didit. Punch a bit harder than the first set... then his drummer showed up and all bets were off. He came in wielding a pair of drumsticks that were remenicant of the bat in "Walking Tall"... They thought it could be cool to play some Black Sabath, AC/DC, Bad Company and what what-not so the true test began. Up came the volume very rapidly to a point that I was wondring where my ear plugs were. So I juiced it up a bit (oK I cranked it)... By the 5th song "Alright Now" we were loud as hell and there was a big bass part coming so it was time to see what this thing had to give. I backed off the bass control on the Lakie and hit the global boost... it sounded like I hooked an 18 inch sub crossed over at 40... Through out the choruses I tried to dial in my sound for the bass break and I got it. The dual 112's ignited and most likely should have left a mushroom cloud behind it (figuratively). It went off in mass like I have never heard a rig of mine do. A very good friend of mine came who has been hearing my trial and error of rig learning and said he was sitting at the light waiting to turn in to the club and thought some one has a kicker in their trunk at the light but he was the only car. He parked and said the girth of tone through the wall was impressive but it was clear as a bell as well. This is the club I have in the past called Liam and Eublet from to hear it through the wall. The sound of the dual 112's was much more massive than the 212 in the same scenario because that's what I used last time there. I did get to hear the output compressor/limiter a bit and it sounded like an all tube amp compressing. I hope I never have to play that loud again but the dual 112's hit with a clean, fat massive punch that I believe could cause sterility...

Amp was set flat except for the global bass boost.
    I guess the channel gain was at about 10:00
    The channel volume at about 11:00
    The main volume at about 1:00

My now very biased opinion is simply this. The neoX112T at low volumes was may favorite for tone, punch,fatness and smoothness...coupling 2 of them makes for a perfect match to the 6.0 in every way. I believe this rig is going to the "Ram's Head" in Annapolis this weekend for the Ron Holloway concert...

This rig may not be for every one but it is really worth a listen. The tonality of the pairing of cabinets is second to none. They just sound bigger than the 212...PERIOD

the opinions above reflect the results of one idiots trial by fire... your actual results may very but I don't care, it worked for me. Do NOT eat a mexican dinner prior to running this setup.

2. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Darn you Dennis.... now I gotta look for another 112 and my 6.0 is not even here yet!!!!!!!!! Well, we do what we must do.......LOL!!!

3. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Nice recap Dennis. Are you using big blue font because your ears are still ringing from last night??? :D

4. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    yes... they are indeed ringing.

5. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    When is your 6.0 due...should be today?:eyebrow:

6. Doo Wop

Doo Wop

Apr 26, 2007
    , Maryland
    This will be nice to hear Saturday night :hyper:

7. Overdrive777

Overdrive777

May 29, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa/Boogie
    That seems great!!!
    After my Shuttle 6.0 arrives in a few days from the US, I am aiming at two Neox112t. Unfortunatly the dealer here in Sweden won't be keeping the GB distribution because Fender is taking over by the end of the summer so he won't bring home any more cabs (he doesn't have the 112 in stock...) so I have to wait until July to place my order...:meh::meh::bawl:

8. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    He does this to us every time doesn't he? I'm going Saturday to buy a 112 - if they have them left by then!

9. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    John, Did you talk to Bass Specialties? He may have a pair...:bag:

If you want to try a 212 let me know

10. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    My eyes are ringing:help:

11. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    wow, that was retina burning

12. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Yes I did talk to them. They've got 2 112s plus they said that they've got a shipment of stuff coming in on Monday. Then they've got 6 - count 'em SIX - Shuttle 6.0s coming in in 3 weeks.

13. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Where the heck is that brown truck?!?!??!?!?!???!?

14. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Yes he DOES... and whats more he's got me scouting around for another Lakland because of those darn 'you tubes' that sound so good!!!!!

15. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    hmm...wow...i really gotta try it out...a pair of those guys and a shuttle 6.0 might replace a pair of ampeg 810's and an svt-4pro...seriously...we're supposed to be getting the first shuttles in memphis this week...

16. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    You want to go upearly in the week...I'll meet you there.lol I think they close at 6 but do make appoinments for after hours.

17. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    We were LOUD and they held and kicked butt. I was really impressive. So impressive that I am taking this rig to Domenico's in Folcroft Pa tonight because I soooo enjoyed it.

18. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    I just call it the way I see it...then try to video it so you can see it.

I think Genz should put together a meet a greet in the area so we can all hang
    and have fun. At least in the greater Wilmington/Philly area. Then we'll spread
    out. You can also talk to your local stores about bringing in a guest artist?

19. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Dennis,

I don't doubt a word you are saying about the dual 112's. However, it sounds like you really pumped the Shuttle up through them and I am wondering, have you pumped the Shuttle as vigorously through the NeoX-212 as you have through the dual 112 setup? This would help me make up my mind between the 212, which I am leaning toward, and the dual 112s.

20. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Yes I did...All last week on the road with Reggie Wayne Morris. So I was very familiar with what it does through the 212. I ( and this is just my opinion) like the girth of dual 112's better. It is a noticably fuller sound to others besides me. Regular listeners that come to see us commented on on how thick it sounded.