1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shuttle 6.0 with NEOX 112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mccartneyman, Apr 19, 2009.

1. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    Anyone out there using a GB Shuttle 6.0 with one or two NEOX 112 cabs rather than the SHT 112? I just bought the Shuttle 6.0 112T adn am wondering if adding the NEOX 112 would give me more oomph than adding a second SHT 112.

2. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Neox 112 is a bit bigger and richer... IMHO....

3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    As much as I love my Shuttle combo, I think if I had it to do over I might go 6.0 and NeoX 12, maybe.

4. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    the Neox-112T will definetly give you more everything than a Shuttle extension.

ALL cabinets are a balance of trade offs. When we designed the Neox series, we weren't worrying about size on purpose. We were however, worry about weight and power handling...hence the use of the neo drivers.

With the Shuttle series of cabs, we were most definetly worrying about size. The only time you should be using a Shuttle cab is that if size is a BIG factor.

Since you already have the combo, the Neox cab would give you the most opitimum flexibility in performance and form factor. ...changing your rig up to meet different applications.

5. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanx, guys. Just copped a NEOX 112 off Ebay. Hasbeen, I love GB products, and your service is top notch, right up there with Lakland's! :hyper:

6. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Couldn't tell you how many gigs I've done with a Shuttle 6.0 and a NeoX 112. Very few reasonablethings this rig can't handle. Sounds great. Rich, full sound. And two of them kill.

7. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    You wont be sorry... the 112 Neox is awesome!!

8. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I had the NEOX 400 combo some time ago but had to sell it. Loved that amp, so I know I'll love this.

9. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    Thank you for your continued business.
    Roger

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Just as a point of clarification, the Shuttle cabs have the initials STL, not SHT. It would have been hilarious if they would have used SHT, but I don't see that being conducive to sales ;)

11. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i ran a Shuttle 6.0 and one Neox 112 and it was more than enough for all my gigs. Great cab. I'm now using it with my Shuttle 3.0 Combo to add some lowend girth. Its a great cab

12. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
    The Neox-112T is a terrific cab. I have two. Deep, rich, THICK bass. Someone said its performance is enabled by the oversized box and its four ports in each front corner.

13. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The ports...not so much. If they're tuned right, the ports can go anywhere. The oversized box, definitely.

14. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My pleasure. This is my third GB. Started out with the old tilt-back 200 watt 210T

15. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Oh, SHT!:spit::oops:

16. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A followup. I picked up a NEOX 112T and now have it hooked up -- stacked -- with my Shuttle 6.0 and SLT 112 . What a difference! It gives me exactly the bottom end I needed and everyone ie very happy with the improvement in projection without a massive increase in volume.