1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shuttle 6.2 what to look for when buying

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cowboy in Latvia, Dec 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    I am looking at getting a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 from a local seller. I've looked and found relatively few issues with them. Are there any major flaws I should be watching for when I test it out? I ask this because it is being sold for a relatively low price. I would be running it at 220v if that helps.

@agedhorse if you have any further advice I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

wave rider likes this.
  2. wagdog

wagdog

Mar 20, 2000
    Der Waffle Haus
    I've been using mine for many years now without a hitch. There are no inherent issues with the design and they are built like the proverbial miniature tank. Check for obvious signs of abuse and verify all controls work as should and barring none enjoy!

wave rider and Cowboy in Latvia like this.
  3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Other than scratchy pots, I can't think of any " issues " with any of the Genz Benz Shuttle amps, and I have owned them all, including this one, which is my current back up amp to my Shuttlemax 12.2. Look for signs of obvious abuse, and give it a test run before you buy it, but, really, these amps have a great reputation.

wave rider and BassAndReeds like this.
  4. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Generally they have been very trouble free but look out for those that have been dropped or beat up. Sheet metal damage is the giveaway.

If you are really in Latvia, your service options will be more limited.

wave rider and Cowboy in Latvia like this.
  5. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    Thank you for replying and for the good info. I am in Latvia part of the year and in the US the rest.

wave rider likes this.
  6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Great sounding, loud and durable amps. As mentioned above....scratchy pots. Not a huge deal though. Just turn them until the scratchyness goes away.

7. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    There's a factory service program available for those in the US and Canada.

Cowboy in Latvia and wave rider like this.