1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shuttle and 2x 210 anyone

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ctbass, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    There are too many shuttle posts to count-I've read many but not all so my apologies in advance if this has been covered. I see many guys are using 1x12 with them. I also have seen the concerns regarding enough headroom.

I just got the 6.0. I played it though my older 8ohm SWR Goliath JR and it sounded very "flat" I then plug into my 4 ohm HT322 and it sizzled. Is any one running 2x 8ohm 2x10 cabinents? I am lookiing for a bit more cabinet portability as well as headroom and it seems like this might work.

Thanks!!!

2. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    I rehearsed with a LOUD band last week.....doing Porcupine Tree stuff. I had the 6.0 on top of a 4 ohm, 4x10 cab and didn't have any trouble with headroom.

3. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Headroom????? My only comments from dual 112's is that often I'm told I need to turn it down.....

4. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Probably more going on there than just "ohms". Different cab. Different surface area. Etc, etc.

I use two Bag End S15-D's, each is 8 ohms. The Shuttle pushes one very, very well. Not "flat" sounding at all.

I would assume that two 8 ohm 2x10's would be a great combination with the Shuttle. My two cents.

5. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    THanks guys.

6. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    I'm using one 2x10 and have been asked to turn down a couple times.

JKT

7. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    I've used it through my church's pair of 2x10 (8ohm each). For my own rig I use an 8ohm 4x10 and an 8ohm 1x15. I've done outdoor gigs with that combination and never lacked for power.

Ralf