Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sib fatdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kilgoja, May 29, 2005.

1. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    i have a small gk practice amp that i want to make more tube sounding....has anyone tried the fatdrive pedal

2. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Great pedal. My favorite boost/mild OD pedal. But... it's also pretty big and expensive... seems like it would be overkill for warming up a small practice amp.

3. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    well my big amp is a tube amp...mesa 400+...so there's no need to mess with it....i just need something to warm up the sound on my gk....it needs a thicker , warmer low end ....it has a lot of highs and mids...even with the treble and mids turned down and the bass turned up...yeah i know it's exspensive...i'm going to try to find one used somewhere...i just think it would work better than a sansamp since there is an actual tube inside of it

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I would try a sansamp. Buy one used, there is usually one for sale here at TB. If you don't like it, you can probably sell it for what you bought it for.

I love the SansAmp for that SVT tone. With the presence up and through my cheap mixer it nails the bass tone in U2s vertigo IMHO.

5. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    ok...maybe...they go for about the same price used so i might just go with the fatdrive if i can find one