Sibelius problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sargebaker, Dec 19, 2004.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    You see, I'm working on a big project for school (instructional bass book) And I needed a free notation writer for the PC. Gaytarpro didn't work, Mozart is bad, Finale notepad was decent but I cant just have like 1 staff, there has to be a whole page and what not. Finally I came upon one that actualy worked for me, and did the things I needed it to do! Sibelius 3 Demo.

So I transcribed one page onto sibelius and tried to print it, an when it comes out there's giant "SIBELIUS" written diagonally down the page in grey. Is there a way of getting rid of this? is it there so people don't abuse the demo?

Oh dear, I can't save either...dar demo... Maybe I'll just do the project by hand and loose a few marks!
  2. try to hit the print screen button, the copy the page into MS paint and print it that way.

ah, backdoor.
  3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Man, I'm happy I have the full version of Sibelius 3.

Just do what tictacs said, I've done it before with other notation demos.
  4. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Download a demo that you can register..
    -----> and get a serial key. Use mozilla before going there it WILL install wierd *!@# on your comp. Mods delete this if it shouldn't be posted.
  5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Hmm, gotta try that lilypond. I've heard cool things about it.

Hey, what's in your sig, the 12th root of 2?
  6. Yeah, it produces very nice output, although sometimes the linebreaks can be a bit strange (mainly if you frequently change time signatures), but if they are you can just control them.

Yes it is, and you are the first to notice that :)
  7. If you have a syphillis problem... they do have shots- or I guess doing it by hand means much less risk.