Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sick Kid Duty

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TxBass, Apr 21, 2003.

1. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    so...when your kids are sick who gets to stay home? Why do I ask?? Because I've got a sick one at home (my 2 year old son) and with my wife and I both teachers we have to "flip" for who gets to take a day-off...

no complaints from me cause I get to do TB all day!:D (he doesn't seem to be doing too badly either--he's over on our old computer playing JumpStart Toddlers:rolleyes: )

2. watch morning talk shows...get bored, come here..life if good.

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...and I failed to schedule any events for them. I've got 4 real estate deals going. Including the sale of my own house. I am a basket case already Monday afternoon.

Fortunately, alot of employment these days is FAX, E-MAil, and phone oriented so, I get a few moments with them. Plus I get to spoil them.

But I'll survive. And get paid.

4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I always get the sick kid duty. Which is fine by me. The more time with them the better. My wife is a teacher and it's such a pain in the ass for her to take a day off. What with making sub. plans and all that. I work for the National Gallery of Art which is a federal gig so I have tons of sick and annual leave.

5. i get the sick kid duty. even with my sisters little one. i am the one home during the school hours. it is a pain in the butt for prime to get time off for the bibs. i don't mind though. i like the time i get with all the kids. :)

6. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Fortunately for me, my wife is a full-time at-home Mom right now, so she gets the duty.

7. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    sub plans...here's mine: "Run em..."

Rick, your job sounds cool---I love the National Gallery(s)...used to go there all the time(when I lived outside D.C.). Smithsonian's are awesome and one of the greatest free things that we can do in this country! :cool:

Yeah...staying home with the kids is fun on a "work day"...we've colored, watched Dora, and run around the back yard chasing the dogs...doesn't get any better! (now it's nap time, which is also nice:D )

8. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    It is a cool job, for the most part. I have my own studio with a stereo my bass and an acoustic guitar and I get to jam with some friends here at lunch time. Also since I have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of art in my studio it's a secured area. Which means the door is always locked. And that means if the boss wants to see me he has to call ahead to make sure I'm in or if I'm on location:bassist: .The bad part is that there is a government office atmosphere here, and I think we all know what that is:( . Anyway like any job it's got its good and bad so I just focus on the good and let the crap float away. When it's nice out I get to go out to the sculpture and shoot stuff like this
    [​IMG]

9. My wife just started a new job so she doesn't have any sick leave built up yet. I have almost 700 hours of sick leave so I get sick kid duty. Our daughter rearly gets sick (perfect attendance so far this year), so I hasn't impacted us much. I'm the one who also gets to take vacation days on non-school days (how much does that suck.:D )

10. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    well...I'm headed back home...wife had the boy at the Dr and think it's bronchitis so I'm back on "sick duty" for the afternoon...
    yeah! I wanted to play with Tonka trucks more than teach basketball anyway!:D

*edit: turned out to be pneumonia--yuck. nap time!