Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sick Questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paniak17, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Alright. Well I've been sick for three to four days. It started out in my throat. The first day my throat was all scratchy and stuff. The next two-three days i was/am having a runny/stuffy nose combination. It's hard to explain.

Now the scary part comes in. A couple of my friends have/had mono. Now one actually has confirmed it, but didn't get that sick. The other's aren't that sick but they say they have it. I think I just have a cold. It's always a scare that I might have mono though. Any comments? Anyone have a cold or mono and can reassure me that I don't have it.

Right now my symptoms are:
    -Runny/stuffy nose
    -maybe tired? I'm not sure because i just got up. But i don't think i'm that tired. It's probably normal.

2. Have you been swaping spit with your friends?

3. No. But I might have shared a drink. I'm not sure, I can't really remember.

4. you posted in mine, I'll post in yours.

Marry someone Canadian and use them for the free health care and get checked out

5. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Go to the doctor and get a mono test if you want to know for sure. Otherwise, it sounds like a cold. I think mono usually hits harder with a lot of fatigue, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Vince

6. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    You'll get swollen glands in your neck when you contract mono, it's the easiest way to tell in many cases. If you do have it, cheer up! That's a lot of school to miss and it's not that bad of an illness... though I guess this is an inopportune time to miss school

7. I actually did go see a doctor and he said the mono test would take 3-4 weeks to get a result, and by that time I would know anyway. He checked to see any other signs but said it was to early kind-of, but all I had was something enlarged on the back of my neck (Lymph nodes? maybe?) Then he said it might be normal cuz i'm a fairly skinny kid.

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

8. Just to make sure.....this comment sounds like it ends the thread, but it doesn't. More feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank You. :p

9. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    You got my hopes up with the title of this thread :meh:

10. This is a sign. You might be spending a little to much time on the computer. ;) :smug: :p :D

11. Awwwwwwwwww

Page 2 sucks.

12. I might be mono. I had it 2 years ago and it starts out feeling like a normal cold. Soon you'll get a fever, be tired all the time, lose you appetite. It sucks ass if it is mono. I didn't eat for 4 days when I had it, my throat hurt too much to swallow anything.

13. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    if I got mono twice...would it be considered stereo? :)

14. I knew someone would say something similar to that. I just knew it. Muhahaha.

15. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005

3-4 weeks for a result? My mono spot test took maybe 20 minutes.

16. I don't know what a mono spot test is, but he wanted me to do a blood test or something.

17. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    my test they didn't draw blood with a syringe or anything. The doctor had this little device that he put on my thumb and it took a drop or two of blood, nothing more.

18. Did you end up having mono?

19. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    yup, i also had my wisdom teeth out that week. it was fun... :bawl:

20. you probably have SARS or Bird Flu

either way your doomed

have a nice christmas :)