1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sickest Bass Solo EVAR!!! ?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Murdoc_420, Feb 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Murdoc_420

Murdoc_420

Jan 20, 2016
    Colorado
    I dunno, sickest evar is subjective... And in this case so is 'electric'

But I had to share. I know it's a DB but it's all the electric tech he's using that makes it electric...

Tom Bomb, Yango, smeet and 2 others like this.
  2. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    Always love to hear Adam play.

3. Murdoc_420

Murdoc_420

Jan 20, 2016
    Colorado
    Had to watch again before work :D

Anyone know what pedal fx he is using to get that 'electric guitar' squeal at the end? I've been working on loops recently and trying to find the widest range of fx for it. (too much low end gets muddy quick).
    I've got a Zoomb3 so a wide selection, just haven't found anything quite like that yet, maybe wrong combo of fx (I can stack 3 of just about anything).

Maybe distortion/fuzz/eq (no lows/no mids/boost highs)?

4. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

probably a good octave up (whammy patch?, EH pitchfork, Pog/mini/micro into distortion/fuzz) perhaps even a synth patch, i got something really similar out of a SYB5...

Murdoc_420 likes this.
  5. Murdoc_420

Murdoc_420

Jan 20, 2016
    Colorado
    Cool, I'll play around tommorrow with it. I have octaves but I think they are drops, but I haven't messed with them too much.

6. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

at LEAST it would be an octave UP fuzz... the video Shows a GT10-b
    the patch list lists a patch
    P05-3 GUITAR SOLO Octave up sound, good for guitar solo-like playing. Ch. A/B Delay

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-10B_PA.pdf

i'd lay odds that's it :)