Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sid & Marty Krofft?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by metron, May 27, 2005.

1. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Im a child of the late 70s and I have weird memories of bizarre television shows from that time. I think what I was watching was various Sid & Marty Krofft shows. Anyone remember shows like Land of the Lost, Dr Shrinker, Lidsville, The Lost Saucer, H R Pufnstuf? Those shows totally freaked me out... :rolleyes: :D

2. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Yup, Land of the Lost I do remember. What about 3-2-1-Contact?

I heard a rumor not that long ago that a movie based on Land of the Lost was being planned. Think they'll stick with the original production values?

3. Land of the Lost...man...what a stupid show....but I loved it back in the day. Two tidbits no one asked for:

1) Bill Lambier was a Sleestack before he played for the Detroit Pistons (that's a professional basketball team for those who don't know)

2) Kevin Smith pays an odd homage to the show in the film Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Will Ferrell plays a Wildlife Marshall named Marshall Willandholly. A few "pivotal" scenes take place in Sleestack County.

End of stupid tidbits no one asked for.

Mike

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    YES!

HR Puff n Stuff was awesome. Was the flute's name Danny?

Sigmund the Seamonster was another favorite.

I think those fellas ate a little LSD in their time.

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I remember those shows. Wasn't that weird show the Banana Splits a Sid & Marty Kroft show as well as Sigmand & The Sea Monsters?

I remember that golden flute too. I hated that thing. Could never understand why the guy put up with all his crying and whining.

Weird shows...

6. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    3-2-1 contact! :p i remember that one more then any of the others. the 70s... what a bizarre time to be a child! sigmund and the sea monsters were probably some of the strangest characters.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I watched 3-2-1 Contact too but I don't remember it being bizarre like the shows this thread is about. My favorite part of that was "The Bloodhound Gang" at the end.

brad cook

8. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

Hijacking thread for two seconds

The Bloodhound Gang pi$$ed me off...all I can remember is that there'd be the intro to it and then it would say that it wouldn't be on, and to watch next time.

Good band, though (Bloodhound Gang).

9. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    yeah 3-2-1 contact was more learning/entertainment. i loved that show. dont remember the bloodhound gang though.

10. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    When I was a kid, I had a Sigmund & the Seamonsters lunchbox . . . ultimate cool. :bassist:

11. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    About a year and a half ago Nick at Nite did a Sid & Marty Croft marathon. They played all of the old shows. Even had the one, Electra Women and Dyna Girl.

My 9 year old and 14 year old watched some of them with us as my wife and I kept saying "hey remember that show" and then we would watch an episode. They thought we were idiots when we were kids. They could not believe that we actually willingly watched those shows on Saturday mornings and after school. They kept saying they were so fake looking and stupid. They were embarrased for us and felt sorry that we did not have internet, X-Box, and Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Funny thing was they both hated that creepy golden flute too.

12. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Yeah, you Rock :cool:

13. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    yeah im sure i remember it differently from how they actually are since i havent seen any of those in 20+ years. im starting to feel a little sorry for myself actually. :p now the lunchbox... thats definitely a new height in coolness. ;)

14. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  15. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Jesus, thanks a lot. Now I need therapy. HR Puffnstuff freaked me out as kid. That was the one with Billy Barty, right? Midgets and creepy puppets? There was a huge to-do a few years ago when that damn flute got stolen, and Billy Barty and the live kid from that show made empassioned pleas to get it returned. That was either part of some freako CIA mind control project or the worst monster that the counterculture could release on society. Either way I am going to be having nightmares for a while.

16. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I kind of feel the same way! I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same reaction! :D

17. It was Freddy the Flute.

"Breakfast"
    "Check"
    "Dinner"
    "Check"
    "Lunch"
    "Launch!"
    The Far Out Space Nuts.

I remember a story about a kid who went to meet the Bugaloos at a mall and "Courage" the Bugaloo was hitting on his sister.

I was in love with DynaGirl.

Read "Pufnstuf & Other Stuff" by David Martindale. Good readin'!

Fa La La
    [​IMG]

18. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA

I hated Lidsville. That weird purple top-hat guy that was always mad creeped me out as a kid. I guess I had issues.

19. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Some shows I used to watch alot:

HR Pufnstuf....who you call when things get rough
    Banana Splits...one banana two banana three banana four....
    Ultraman
    Penelope Pitstop (cartoon)

Those were shows LOL

20. Charles Nelson Reilly?
    [​IMG]

Perhaps you know him a bit better as:
    [​IMG]