Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Side Of A Bullet

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yorkiebassist, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Alright Pantera and Dimebag fans, have you heard Nickelback's tribute to Dimebag? If you have, what do you reckon to it?

2. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
  3. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Personally, I think Nickleback should be the LAST band to do a tribute song to Dimebag, but that's just my two cents. I haven't heard the song, does anyone have a link?

AuG

4. +1

my $0.02 also, so now a total of $0.04. Anyone else want to contribute their 2 cents to our anti-nickelback dimebag darrel tribute fund?

5. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Hey hey hey hold on, Dimebag worked with Nickelback, and Chad played a song to Vinnie, and he said he liked it and asked Chad to write a song for his brother, and Chad said 'that song is for your brother'. Vinnie was going to drum on the track ,but decided against it as he thought Daniel Adair(nickelback's new drummer) had done a good job. Instead he sent them a load of solo samples for the solo in Side Of a Bullet.

6. And your point is.......? :p

7. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    My point is that the yahd as much right as anyone to make a triubte to Dimebag. If you've heard the song, you'll know it is actually pretty heavy, with a very Panteraesque gutiar riff going on. The guitar tone isnt quite as obnoxious as Dime's but it isnt far off.

8. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i'd throw an entire paycheck in if it would guarantee me that i would never have to hear it.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I really dislike Nickelback. I honestly think theyd sell more records if they stopped trying to get in with the MTV thing. MTV is bad news, IMO, as it is, but nickelback just seems so out of place now.

10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    nickelback is still a band?

dammit... that's my bad news for the day.

11. Wouldn't we all? :D

12. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Blasphemy! :meh: Obnoxious my ***.

AuG

13. steve21

steve21 Banned

It's a pretty good song.

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Add my $0.02 to the fund!:hyper:

15. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I'll add $0.02 if it means people will start posting in the right forum. :p

God I love doing this:D :bag:

16. I think its kinda fitting that the genre that Nickelback fit in is called "Commercial Rock" (insert :spit: suck-hole:spit: )
    I generally hate anything NB (up there with Ben Lee and Linkin Park as my most hated musicians) - but i do like the Pants, so i may just hear this song once before i condemn it completely.

$0.02 pending

17. $0.08! I bet it'll take about 14 cents to bribe nickelback's agent to his senses, and cancel the project. :D

18. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    It is obnoxious, in a good way! I also think many of you are being very closed minded as it is Nickelback. People immediately think Nickelback means radio rock. This song is definetly not radio friendly.

19. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Yeah, me too, thought they're only worth about 0.016 $ american.

20. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Aaah, good old times