Side Projects

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by PDX Rich, Jan 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    I don't know if this counts, as I finished it over 10 years ago, a Stickley Morris chair in quartersawn white oak. Took me three years of occasional weekend woodworking to build it, hope to have it the rest of my life and pass on to one of my sons.
    IMG_1154_zpsemmgtvbu.jpg

2. Simo

Simo

May 26, 2006
    For Christmas 2014 I built my nephew a small toy box, made from Poplar with Walnut trim, and a 3D Cookie Monster on the front. Last year I made him a pickup truck using wood from my offcut bin.. Mahogany, Beech, Ebony and Black Limba.

If he continues doing a good job sweeping my workshop floor every week, then he might get a guitar this year :D:thumbsup:

W7ZzYx.jpg

iMfpvP.jpg

3. Simo

Simo

May 26, 2006
    Another non-bass related project from last year.. my friend asked me to make her a Tardis wedding ring box. I didn't count the hours it took me to make this, but let's just say I never want to see another Tardis as long as I live.

(These photos were taken before it was stained blue, and had the sign fitted, etc.)

IfJddh.jpg

4. PDX Rich

PDX Rich

Dec 19, 2014
    Portland, OR
    Love the Tardis!!

5. DOMIT

DOMIT

Feb 16, 2016
    Mmmmmm... cider!

6. PDX Rich

PDX Rich

Dec 19, 2014
    Portland, OR
    That's why we do it!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021