Sidney Crosby Sucks.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  2. Dude, you're crazy.

G 32 | A 26 | PTS 58

G 22 | A 29 | PTS 51

Pretty comparable, if you ask me. Ovechkin is having a better year to this point, but to say Crosby sucks is ridiculous.
  3. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I think they're both pretty great, but Ovechkin's attitude just makes me smile. It seems like he's just having a whale of a time, and that sliding/rolling goal he scored last night was crazy.

Crosby's got as much (if not more) skill, but he's been in the limelight too long. He's way to careful about the face he puts out, and therefore doesn't seem to have that exhuberance that Ovechkin's got in spades.

I'm looking forward to seeing them go head to head for the next 20 or so years.

4. People criticize Crosby a lot, but seem to forget that despite both of them being rookies, Ovechkin is 2 years older and more experienced. Plus, as Nate pointed out, Crosby is highly targeted by the media (especially in Canada). I'll admit that Ovechkin, at this point, is the better player and the better goal scorer. However I can see Crosby's potential as a playmaker, and given a better team than Pittburgh and a couple more years of experience, he might be able to further that idea.
  5. Check the team stats.

Ovechkin 32G 26A 58PTS
    Zubrus 11G 13A 24PTS

Ovechkin has over twice the amount of points the closest guy on his team has. They have only 3 guys with 10+ goals...Ovechkin at 32, Zubrus at 11 and Sutherby at 10(17 PTS).

Now Pburgh

Crosby 22G 29A 51PTS
    Palffy 11G 31A 42PTS
    Recchi 13G 23A 36PTs

Crosby has better team support, more experienced players on the team and Pburgh still suck. Washington has Ovechkin and Kolzig(whose goaltending has been getting sloppier since they went to the SC finals). Ovechkin has to do it all himself this season. I think Ovechkin is the better player because he does have to do it all himself, and hes having fun doing it. Take him out of the picture and Washington does not have 15 wins(several from shootouts where Ovechkin scored the winner). Thats 8 wins less than they had all last year with over 30 games to go in the season. Pburgh seems to have not changed at all, despite getting a lot of big name players signed. Clearly Ovechkin has made an impact on his team as opposed to Crosby, whose Penguins still suck.
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ovechkin is putting up better points on a worse team, though.
  7. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    As the Pens' season moves on, Crosby's getting angrier and angrier . This is what the Pens need! Within a couple of seasons, he'll be a refined puck handler that can pack a punch...
  8. but they both are nothing compared to Zdeno Chara...that guy could take out both of them at the same time...
  9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I like Crosby. I hope he get's onto his favorite team during his career.
  10. Theres no way that's gonna happen man, Mario is way too smart to let him go, and I could see him offering him all of the money in the world to keep him there, because if he wasn't there then the whole franshise is gonna die. :ninja:

But ya, Crosby doesn't suck at all, he is a good team player, and he is a more refined play maker to Ovechkin's goal-scoring prowess. If the team that is around him would actually play better and show up to the arena, then Crosby would be killing Ovechkin in the points, but his team is just horrible, so God knows what he is gonna do in the future.

Anyways, Crosby owns Ovechkin any day! I mean, come on, if anyone saw the memorial cup last year, anyone could see how dominant that Crosby could be with a team around him, and so he should be traded to God's team: THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

That's the last team Crosby want to be on. The first is "tricolore".
  12. Basically what I said, except with less words and it makes more sense.
  13. I swear I havent met a canadian soul that has liked Crosby. youd swear he was the love child of brett hull and chris chelios. So much hate!
  14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I think he is a good player.

15. AFlyOnGeddysWal

Sep 27, 2004
    That highlight goal was incredible, Lemieux or Jagr incredible. But I lived in Pittsburgh for a year when Lemieux/Jagr were playing excellent hockey, and saw too many games... so I'm biased towards Sid the kid. Even though he whines a bit much:

16. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    He's already on a team that sucks, why would he want to move down the ladder? That being said, the justification for calling the Leafs "God's Team" must come from how the Isrealites were "God's People" during all those generations of slavery and poverty. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Now, the Sens could use a good second line centre. Sure, we don't need him, but it'd be fun to get 10 goals on TO next time. Right now we're stuck at 8.

See you Saturday, Greg.

17. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I think even Gretzky was impressed with that one.
  18. How many times have the sens beat the leafs in the playoffs... when it counts? I can never remember what that series is at
  19. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I'd love to find out if they can do it this year, but with two back to back games up here (and having just lost to Minnesota) there's a good chance you won't see the post season at all.

I'm still pretty new to this Rampaging Sens Fan thing (I've been a Rampaging Saskatchewan Roughriders Fan for years, but I just moved to Ottawa) so I'm still practicing my hate for all things Toronto. Let me know how I'm doing, and I'll be sure to gloat come Tuesday.

20. Might want to watch your language up there mitch. Expect that to get edited.

Anyways, yes Ovechkin is a better player, but Crosby will be a leader eventually. He will wear the C, proudly or not, and is a very competent player for 19. Give him time, stop worrying so much about the little things. Bottom line.

I mean look at what Dany Heatley did a while back, and yet I don't see people really trashing him anymore. Give Crosby a break.