Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sienfeld Reunion..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Anyone else watch it?

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    No

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...wasn't really a reunion though IMO. Maybe a Larry and Jerry reunion. It was funny to see the parking garage scenes and hear that story. Also, I loved seeing the old Jay Leno/Michael Richards footage.

Is there anyone in the past decade who does physical comedy better than Michael Richards?!

brad cook

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Sure... Ashlee Simpson.

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Good one, Brad...thanks for the reminder, I had just about forgot about her.

I watched the Seinfeld show last night.
    'Sfunny, I didn't consider myself a fan until after the Finale...the Finale was the first Seinfeld I watched; I'm sure I'm one of the few that actually liked the last episode.
    I used to play with this drummer who had "CZTNZA" as his vanity plate. I didn't get it until I started watching Seinfeld reguarly...he denies it now, but there was one gig where he was actually pacing outside the theatre & mumbling "I'm not ready for this, I can't do this" over & over. If you recall the show when the actor playing "George" in Jerry was getting real nervous prior to taping...same thing. Funny now, scared the crap outta me back then. I mean, 10 minutes before the show & the drummer is losing it?!

Never knew Michael Richards did the Tonight Show; have seen him on Cheers & The Dating Game. In any event, Richards is a 'hipster doofus with a horse face & Bride-of-Frankenstein hair'.

As for the DVDs...I'm thinking I'm gonna pass on Seasons 1-3; my favourites are a little later into the series & besides the 'edited for syndication'' reruns are on here 3-4 times a day.

6. I only knew of Michael Richards as Stanley Spadowski.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I saw it. Was pretty interesting to see the stories behind some of the looser scripted scenes.

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Glad I'm not the only one who didn't get "The Chinese Restaurant" episode.

Was Steinbrenner OK with being portrayed as a boob?

9. I didn't watch Seinfield the first year or so it was on, but after I started watching, it was amazing how I could often refer to an event that occured in everday life to a certain episode of the show.

I enjoyed the show last night, especially the laughing at the end of the "parking garage" episode.

10. I thought it was so cool that the car didn't start for real!

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I watched Seinfeld from day one, and loved it. I've seen Jerry do stand up before, and the last couple times he went on tour, we checked him out.....good stuff. Last night's show was great.

-Mike

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    As for bad cook's signature...

I WAS IN THE POOL!

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yes...I have the DVD. The fact that Yankovic chose Richards for that role is just further evidence of his genius.

brad cook

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He played a fitness expert. He'd come out in a ridiculous workout outfit with black socks and a loose-fitting weightlifting belt smoking a cigarette and then give instruction on how to do exercises and use exercise equipment. Just watching him manipulate the rowing machine was pure comic genius.

brad cook

15. Yes.

FWIW I loved Michael Richards in Fridays....."Thats pretty"

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Isn't it kind of soon for a reunion?

17. EVIDENCE? You say that as if there is someone who doubts he is THE genius.

Harrumph, I say.

:D

18. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I do this all the time at work ('This is like an epsiode on Seinfeld'!)
    ...pretty annoying, huh?

19. I watched it. Very cool stuff!

20. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I hadn't even heard about it until people were talking about it at work today. I think it's a bit early to be doing the reunion also, but I guess they didn't want to wait 10 or 20 years like the others. The best non-Sein Michael Richards moment IMO is the move he did on ABC's short lived SNL ripoff when Andy Kaufman pulled a gag that got him punched by the stage manager. As hillarious as that whole fiasco was, his calm behavior and hillarious move was priceless.