1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*sigh* another dating thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Nov 22, 2006.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Here's the scoop... i have a group of friends and we hang out every weekend. Among these friends is a (gasp) girl whom i have started to fancy, as of late (british english?). Anyway... the whole problem is that another guy who is in this group of friends tried to date the same girl over the summer. They acted really close for a few months, but something happened (i don't know what) and they started arguing constantly.

We still all hang out together as a group and I have really started to consider dating this girl, but i don't know if it would create an awkward atmosphere in the group. Being a senior in high school, my friends are one of the most important parts of my life and I wouldn't want to mess that up. Anybody have any tips? If anyone remembers, I started a similar thread about a girl I met at a musical gig last spring. Your opinions helped a lot there, so I was hoping the same could be done here! :hyper:

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    IMO, your friends may be really important right now, but you'll be starting all over again next year, so don't sweat it. If they're actually good friends to you, and if you aren't "stealing" her from a good friend (steal meaning they have a current relationship and you intentionally undermine it), then there is no harm in asking her out. Your friends don't own her.

3. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    ^ Totally agree that there shouldn't be anyting wrong with it, but my experience is that lots of times it can lead to tonnes of tension in a group. It might be worth subtly trying to find out if he still has feelings for the girl or what happened. My opinion is that if two people aren't dating, then there's nothing stopping you, but he might not agree

Good luck though

4. She's fair game. Go for it. If they have a problem with it, like other people said, you're probably going to college soon anyway, so it's no big deal.

5. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Go for it, Same thing happened with my group, a few have paired off, but remained awesome friends with the rest, Just go fo it! :)

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Any idea if she holds interest in you ?

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    ^ +1. THAT is the key.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    If you can discern interest in you coming from her, reciprocate-with bombast!

Mind you, don't throw yourself at her if she's not interested, you'll just come off looking like a tool. And don't forget, make yourself appear to be the prize and make her aware that she is working to get you.

9. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I agree with Major. Is she interested in you?

if that's the case you need to consider this:

What's more important? The friendship you two have? Or having something more.

From there, it's your call!

10. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Its hard to tell with her because she just outgoing in general. We went to see a movie with the group last week and we secretly held hands (we did it secretly to avoid awkwardness), but it wasn't a big deal or anything... just friendly.

As for the other guy... I'm pretty sure he still has some feelings for her. I mean, he denies it, but even if he doesn't want to go out with her, he still wishes she liked him.

Meh... I'll think about it some more. keep the responses coming! Its definitely helping! :)

11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Why does that matter? Once you hit them with the club and drag them into the cave it doesn't seem to make much difference!:D

Another great dating tip from your uncle Burk;)

12. I wouldn't worry to much about whether she "likes" you or not. just continue to build the friendship really strong.

13. 12 replys and none of you horndogs have requested pics?

I'm impressed! :D

P.S.

Pics please.

14. Indeed, no pics, no girls, no Dr.Love advice!

15. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    pics?!? you guys are sick...

FINE!

[photo removed]

ok... i'm really tired. It's 3am... happy thanksgiving!

yeah... maybe the photo wasn't the best idea, but for those of you who saw it, thats what she looks like any who.

16. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Alice Cooper is classic rock? Well I'll be...

17. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    +1

18. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Posting a picture of her on the internet without her consent would have been the type of thing to avoid, though. Just make sure not to tell her about all the great stories that come out of TB and you'll be fine.

19. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Go for it, gotta live sometime ;)

20. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Does she put out.. THAAAAAAT is the mos timportnat thing, not if she digs you :D