Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*sigh* I guess I just look so safe and trustworthy...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    sooo there is this girl. We'll call her Kelli.

Kelli is 15 years old, a freshman, and she plays piano for the jazzband B at my school.

The coach for jazz band B... we'll call him Ted. Ted graduated from this school last year... Ted is a creepy dude.. the girls do not like him.

A few months ago, kelli needs a ride, so she calls ted. Ted takes advantage of her, and starts making out with her. Kelli is ok with that... Not that she's a slut, but i think she just wanted to give him enough to hopefully make him stop.

Kelli is scared. Ted asks Kelli if she would like to go back to his house, she says yes because she is scared.

Ted shows her around, takes her into a room, and then tries to force her to perform on him... She says no, he physically tries to force her, she fights back. He takes her home.

Last night, ted sends kelli a text message asking her to go out with him, she says no... and he starts saying stuff like "Come on, it will be our little secret... it can be a present for me before i move out to Arizona"

She shows me this, I don't know why. I've talked to her a bit on and off... So I suppose we are friends, but we do not go out of our way to see eachother... Just 6th period, occasional hall passings... And usually, its a "hey!" and its left at that.

So, girl I kinda know tells me the coach is being a creep towards her.

After 6th period, I go home... Kelli had an off-campus slip for a few minutes before the period ended, I packed my stuff up and went outside with her. to go talk to her boyfriend with her.

I've had to man handle this kid in the past for messing with my girlfriend at the time, so I do not doubt her story at all. I go talk to her semi-boyfriend, and he is pissed off.

She tells her dad that she'll just go home regular time, and to cancel her dr's appt.

I walk her to her 7th period... then go back to the band room. Mr. band director pulls me into his office, and i have to explain why i left with Ted yelling at me to get my stuff back out and play.

I tell him what kelli has told me, he tells me he needs to see the text messages so that he cna verify the story... i go get kelli, she shows him...

And ya.

So, needless to say, Ted is done, and if I see him out on the streets, I'll kick his ass.

I am not going to go to the police with this, I'll leave that up to the band director and Kelli.
    -------------------------

So I guess I'm kinda whacked out because she is not the first girl that I am not great friends with to come to me and tell me stuff like this... i don't know what it is about me. I smell good? :p

And what was this guy thinking? He saw kelli show me the phone, he knew he was in trouble... He knows how badly I can beat him.

I hate people like him...

/rant

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Mike that is some messed up stuff.

I don't know how Cali is but in Arizona a school district employee has to report this to the police. That is attempted rape on a minor and I'm sure many more charges are there as well.

Whatever you do man, don't get yourself in trouble! With that being said, I'd kick his A$$ too!

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Go Mike!

Seriously dude, the whole time I was reading it I was thinking of replying that you should report him, but it looks like that would have been pointless. Hopefully she remembers how awesome you are and tells her friends.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Poop in shoes.

brad cook

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Even though the "I smelling good" part is questionable, you acted as a good frend to that girl, good job!

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Way to hum. You did the right thing.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Yes sir Mike. You did the right thing. You better stop being responsible and nice to people or no one will think you're punk anymore. ;)

8. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    +Alpha Infinity

9. Mike, you're my hero!

*faints*

:p

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Similar situation, to you, but instead the guys name wasn't Mike it was Jay. Jay helped out my lady in a bad time. I have infinite respect for Jay. If i knew you, mike, I'd probably have infinite respect for you :)

11. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Who'd have thought it, our own Mike Money, a regular hero.

Seriously, you did what you needed to do. That's about exactly how I would have handled it, with maybe a few thinly veiled threats towards Mr. Child Molester.

As for why girls come to you with this kinda thing, its obviously because of who you are, and the way you handle situations like this. You remain calm, and take care of business, and most of all, make them feel safe and secure. Just be careful, as some women, in a state like that, become severely attached to their "protector." You provide them a stability that they never really knew, and it does all kinds of strange things to them. You just dont want to end up on the wrong end of a jealous boyfriend, a crazy *******, or a child molestation charge...

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was in this exact same situation once...

Ok well I was in the role of Ted though.

:bag:

brad cook

13. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    feel good that girls can trust you, it will help you in the future.

as for this ted guy. something like this happend a few years ago with my cousin. i was 18(wow, more then a few years ago) and she was 16/ said older dude pushed up on her at a party. she said no. he slipped her something. she ended up being pushed up on and came very close to being raped, but someone found them. the someone who found them happend to be my guitar player at the time. he called me. i wasnt very happy. i went to my cousins, picked her up, and went to this kids house. i guess this kids parents were home, because when i got there his mom opened the door. i explained to her what i was told, pointed to my little cousin in the car. she said ok, hang on. takes her son by the ear and throws him out the door and says "i try and help you, and this is the thanks i get, now you deal with your problem." and she slammed the door. so, i embaressed him in front of his friends(who didnt have the balls to step up or in), his parents, and eventually, a cop.

the kid was going to press charges. i told him if he pressed charges that my cousins father who is a lawyer was going to have him charged with rape, he backed down.

14. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    The heck with all this past tense stuff, Mike.... you almost certainly have more work to do.

He's going to be charged, and in all probability, you're going to get subpoenaed. You'll at least have to give a deposition; possibly even testify in open court.

Just keep demonstrating the top-shelf character you've proven you have. Think of how you'd want another guy to act if Kelli were your sister, and act accordingly. And be supportive; she's going through a lot.

Oh, and make sure that Kelli documents those text messages, in a more permanent way than just storing them on her phone (not sure how this is done - do any of you know how to get hard printouts of text messages, including the date, time and sender?).

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Good job, Mike. The world needs more people like you. I hope your friend is OK.

16. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Ya I'd call the phone company tell them you need the email info from their servers to verify that the text message was sent. Text messages are just email that are delivered on your phone so everything is recorded through the servers. I'd suggest taking a picture with a digital camera as well, just to varify.

17. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Anything done through cell phones is permenantly recorded on the phone company's side. Barring a serious technical glitch it is recoverable with a court order should it be needed as evidence. You also might be able to pull it up from Kelli's phone bill, my old service included copies of SMS messages in my monly statement.

Good job, I would have taken it father, tried to get Ted formally charged with a sex offense to ensure that he doesn't go to work at another school...

But even if nothing else comes of it you helped someone who you realy didn't need to help.

+1 to you.

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Sounds like you did the right thing Mike.

19. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Mike,

Way to kick some ass for the nice guys in the world!!

The band director should def. report it since "Ted" is a school employee. And it's the right thing to do.