Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*sigh, need ideas..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MR.ATK, Feb 19, 2006.

1. MR.ATK

MR.ATK

Jan 6, 2006
    so i'm in the market for a new bass and i'm a LEFTY if this matters i'm looking into buying a new musicman stingray, but curious what other basses are out there that will give same sound, don't have to look the same, but just want some help from talkbass gods lol... any suggestions let them rip, thanks guys...:smug:

2. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    Only lefty bass I've seen was a $60 Austin that looked like it was in crappy condition.

You're probably not going to find another bass that sounds the same as a Stingray. If that's what you want, then go for it.

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Check out EBAY. I got a nice Hot Rod P for $400 with minor cosmetic issues two years ago. Something suiting your needs will probably pop up within a month or so. I've seen a few Rics, Fenders of all kinds, Ernie Balls, Carvins, you name it. You could always go with Sadowsky or Lakland, but at least one of the two charges an extra 3 Bills for lefty instruments. There are a ton of options out there, you just have to look for them. Also, you might want to consider assembling your own.

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    It also helps to fill out your profile to see what you already have, etc.

5. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
  6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
  7. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    Lefty MTD Kingston is more Stingray sound than a P or a Jazz sound. I have one.

8. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Same here. I really don't care for the tone, too bright for my taste. Trying to figure out a way to mellow it out!:meh:

9. MR.ATK

MR.ATK

Jan 6, 2006
    damn thanks guys :) i keep checkin out sites all the time