*sigh* the search goes on...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt Call, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well. I have narrowed my search down to mainly two different setups right now.

A Thunderfunk TFB550 -> Accugroove Tri210L

Aguilar DB680 -> QSC PLX3002 -> Aguilar GS410

The Accugroove setup is much more reasonable in terms of weigh. If I went with the Aguilar setup, I'd break even financially. The Accugroove setup would set me ahead a bit.

The QSC is a lot more power than I really need...

It's been said that the Tri210L can replace a 410...

Any comments/suggestions?

Sorry for the barrage of threads recently, I'm just confused; and there's crap for music stores in these parts.
  2. Just my 2 cents... but I've never heard that an Accugroove tri 210 can replace a 410. From other TBer's, they are nice sounding, if big and relatively heavy, 210's... but not necessarily wumpin' loud or efficient.

Your two rigs seem SO different that I don't quite understand how you came to those two choices (although either would be pretty nice!).

What type of music do you play, and what type of sound are you going for?
  3. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I play mainly rock. BUT, I'm expanding my playing substantially. I play a lot of worship music at church, and am picking up some jazz and blues gigs.

I've also been working on a bit of solo material and will be playing some solo coffeehouse gigs.

I'm going for a sound that's punchy, deep, articulate and warm. I usually don't use tons of treble; but I like to have it for different sounds.

I'm starting to think that the Aguilar is the direction that I want to go. If I do, I will most likely add (well, try to add) a DB728 somewhere down the line.

If I went with the TF/Accugroove setup, I'd maybe add a 115 or 212. I just like the idea of their cabs. I've thought about doing something like the 680/QSC through an Accugroove cab; but it'd set me back substantially.

I'm just trying to settle down with my amps. I want to focus on my dream... a Sadowsky.
  4. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nevermind... looks like I'll be getting the 680.
  5. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    if a 210 is your only cab I think you will eventually need another.