Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*sigh* Trading my SR4 for an SR5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Bought a Stingray 4 in the spring for a crazy low price and have loved the hell out of it. Problem is, the dude who sold it to me needs it back because it has sentimental value to him (his wife gave it to him and its likeness was put on his wedding cake). Originally, I was going to have him find me a SR4 replacement, send it to me, after which point I would send his back. All well and good.

Sadly, he has no bread, but he has an almost-bew SR5 that he's willing to trade me. While I had my heart set on an SR4, I understand the guy's dillema and, since I prefer 5-strings anyway (though I don't prefer SR5s to SR4s because of electronics, spacing, styling, etc), I'm willing to go through with the deal.

Attached is the SR4 I currently own and the SR5 I'll be getting. Not the *ideal* trade, but what the hell - sometimes you gotta do what's right.

2. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    I'm not sure why he sold it in the first place, but I have a feeling you'll get cozy with the SR5..... ;)

Worst case scenario, you will liekly be able to trade the SR5 for an SR 4 somewhere else...

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Meh... sounds lile a good deal to me!!

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I like the look of the 5 better

5. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    That is a great looking SR5.

6. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I think thats very commendable of you Planet!

7. Doesnt seem like a bad deal to me either. And like Panther said..if you dont like the 5 you can always trade for another 4.

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Good points - the finish on that SR5 made it easier to accept the deal. :)