Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

::Sigh::

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by EdgarHons, Dec 26, 2000.

1. EdgarHons

EdgarHons

Oct 14, 2000
    Last night my friend was over and we were jamming, and then we got bored. We began messin around horseplaying and such, and then he said he had to go. So I picked up my bass cause I was going to keep playing, and he went in for a cheap shot trying to get me while I was defenseless. However, my great reflexes caused me to swing my arm up blocking the shot, but smacking me right in the mouth with the bass. This chipped off half of my tooth, which I promptly spit out.

Well, I got it fixed today, and all is alright, although it's still sensitive to cold things.

All I wanted for christmas was my 2 front teeth, all I got was 1 and a half.

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    OUCH!!!

3. I´ll second that! <font size=6>OUCH!!!! </font> :eek:

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ouch!

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Been there done that. :eek:

(Non-bass playing story to follow)

When I was about 17 (we will NOT discuss when that was :p), my girlfriend of the week and I decided to go swimming at her health club. It was a friday afternoon, and the place was basically empty, so we had the pool to ourselves. We got to horsing around, chasing each other in and out of the pool, just being typical over-driven hormone teenagers of opposite genders :D.

Now, I must digress for a paragraph to fully explain my mental lapse in the next paragraph, so bear with me, ok? My family had a pool at home, a small but nice pool with a very textured surface on the bottom of the shallow end. It was a habit of mine to dive into the shallow end of this pool, and push off the bottom. Anyone see where this is headed yet? :rolleyes: :)

Back to the pretty petite brunette and the pool. She hops in the shallow end, and proceeds to swim away from me. I think "Ah ha! Gotcha now!", and dive headfirst into the shallow end. Unfortunately, the pool didn't have the same nicely textured bottom as my own pool, instead it had a lovely smooth as glass bottom. Well, I went to push off the bottom, and...CRUNCH!!! All 210 lbs, 6'1" of me went face first into the bottom. Or should I say TOOTH first?

Broke both my front teeth right in half, exposed nerve and all :eek:. Since it was after 5 pm when this happened, of course no dentists were available, and their answering services didn't consider it an emergency, so I got to spend the whole weekend with two exposed nerves. Talk about fun! :rolleyes: You've never experienced joy until the act of breathing through your mouth causes extreme agony because it's drying out your tooth nerves.

Funny addendum: About 6 years later, my wisdom teeth all came in, pretty much at once. Of course it crowded my mouth a bit, and squeezed my teeth together. What I didn't realize or even consider was the effect it had on my caps. One afternoon driving home from work, I sneezed, and my two front teeth flew across the car! :eek: :eek: :D That lead to a fun day at the dentist: Having all FOUR wisdom teeth removed at once, and having my caps replaced! Wonder why I haven't been to a dentist since......

6. "Is it safe?"

:)

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No...it's not safe...

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    "Life is actually just the brief interlude in between getting screwed out of my money."

Between that and what?

Will C.:cool:

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Let me guess. Maybe getting screwed out of his money, then getting screwed out of his money again. And again, and again ...

10. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Or perhaps between earning his money and then getting screwed out of it. ;)

11. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    My choppers were in bad shape: bits & pieces fallin' off, and the smell :eek: .
    Even the 20% my insurance didn't cover was too much for the
    psycho-b*tch-from-he** ...
    "...if you do that, I want another ring/night out/yadda-yadda ..."
    15 aspirins a day cut down on the pain, but left a 24/7 ringin' in my ears
    like a tuning fork on steroids.
    Durin' a heated discussion about this with one of her more physical "evil" personalities,
    one of my dogs decided to get involved.
    Mistaking me fending-off blows from "Smokin' Josephine", the dog thought I was the aggressor.
    She (the dog) latched onto my right (pickin') hand with both fangs.
    I tried to lift my right, which had become unusually heavy.
    (Gomer) "Go-lll-ly" . Looky thar' ! Whoda' thunk you could lift a 50 pound dog
    attached by her fangs 3 feet off the ground ?!?
    Nahhhh...I didn't need them tendons and ligaments anyways [​IMG] .

12. In thrid grade, our teacher was a big fan of the Portland Trail Blazers. When they would win a game, she would let us eat lunch in our room, instead of down in the crowded lunch room. Anyway, at one point the teacher left the room. My friend Nick and I were messing around, just kind of pushing each other. Then he turns around, grabs my arm, and does this half-judo throw, propelling me over his back, and onto the ground.

At least, this is what he thought would happen.:eek:

What he failed to take into account for was the TRASH CAN not two feet in front of his stooped head. I ran jaw first into it, knocking out the three front bottom teeth. One of which was a permamnent. Fortunately, we were able to find the teeth, and have the permanent one put back in. But both of us wern't able to stay in the class room to eat lunch again.

Rock on
    Eric

13. well when i was little i triped over my dad's foot, and went face first into the floor. my teeth were ok, but they pierced right through my lower lip. i now have a scar there. good ol' pops eh?

14. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    When my brother and I were kids we would go stay with our dad on the weekends sometimes. We were such rowdy kids, he used to make us go outside and play so he could have some temporary peace from time to time. We both had bb guns so he would get up in the tree fort and I would hide behind the rollaway trash can and infilrate the tree fort, pushing the can up closer and closer to the enemy. I made a dash across the yard and started squeezing of shots at him. Eventually, he got down out of the tree fort and said he quit. He then put the gun right up to my neck and pulled the trigger. I chased him around the block and down the street for about 15 minutes cussing and screaming and crying. That hurt.

15. ~Loxley~

~Loxley~ Guest

Apr 9, 2000
    Well, I once fell off the Empire State Building and died.
    I still have a scar.

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The Englishman in Copenhagen strikes again!!! :D

17. EdgarHons

EdgarHons

Oct 14, 2000
    BB Guns can leave permanent brain damage from a distance. If you were shot in the neck, it would most likely kill you.