(Sighs) Yes, It's Another "What Should I Buy Thread"...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassGod, Sep 20, 2004.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Alright, so my birthday is coming up ( :hyper: ) and my parents said I could get one of two things. My choices are:

1. A Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah and an MXR D.I. Stompbox

2. An Boss ME-50B multi-FX

So I'm trying to decide which option to choose. Please keep in mind I already have a DigiTech BP50. So yeah, any replies are welcome, thanks. :cool:

Graeme :bassist:
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    imho multi effects units kinda,........ ummmmmmmm,............hmmmmmmmm.............. you're not supposed to say suck on this forum.

just that quality processers, preamps, DIs, etc are generally expensive
    when a whole bunch of stuff gets crammed into one unit that's relatively inexpensive you kinda get what you pay for
    keep in mind, i'm not familiar with the specific product you mentioned, just using that as a rule of thumb
  3. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    the ME-50 (guitar version) is really good, and though i havent used it, the bass version is probably just as good
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    IvanMike, I do agree - the best sounding wah/overdrive/chorus/flange/sink plunger effect is more likely to be found on an individual pedal than on a multi-fx.

I generally use a pedalboard live, but having said that I do also have a Boss ME-50B which I think is great. I tend to use that more for rehearsals after work and small sets (30 minutes or so).

Bassgod, if you're going to keep the bp50 would you really want another multifx?
  5. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    No, that's the thing... if I get the ME-50B I will sell the BP50. If I get the two separate effects pedals, I will keep the BP50, but the problem is if I ever decide to use other effects (besides distortion & wah), I will be forced to use the sub-par BP50 effects. Am I even making sense? Anyway, thanks everyone for the replies! :)

Graeme :bassist:
  6. Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    You should take what's behind door #1

I have the Crybaby 105Q and waiting for the MXR unit to be delivered any minute. :eek: