1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Signal bleed with EBS OctaBass turned off

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ukiah Bass, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Hi all -- I have an EBS OctaBass between my passive jazz bass, then a Boss tuner, and then my David Eden WT330 amp. The OctaBass is working great. However, after recording a D.I. signal from my amp, I noticed the recording picked up a slight bleed of the lower divided octave signal --and that was when the octaver was switched off.

Anyone know what might have caused the signal bleed? There's a new battery in the octaver, which itself is a new unit. When I took the octaver out of the signal chain, the recorded signal was once again pure.

This is quite an annoyance if one wants to keep the octaver in the chain, but in the off position until needed for the appropriate passage of a song. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I noticed that with mine, when I had it, but only when I used a battery, not when I used a power supply. Have you tried that? I figured mine was just a bum pedal, but maybe it's a systematic flaw.

3. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    I finally was able to purchase a connector wire that powers the EBS off of my Boss OC-3 tuner instead of the battery. No more bleed by the EBS, nice and silent. I also switched to a Genz Benz Shuttle 6 amp and GB NeoX-112T cabs. The EBS works even better -- clean, powerful octave splits. Nice!