Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Signal chain and blending questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by embellisher, Sep 3, 2004.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I am trying to set up my signal chain, and need some help from you experienced stompbox gurus.

I plug two basses into a Morley A/B/Y box, and from there I want to set up two loops, using a Loooper.

Loop A will have my compressor and chorus on it.

Loop B will have my distortion and flanger on it.

I need the ability to bypass both loops, combine both loops, and use each loop individually. From what I understand, a 2 Loooper should do this.

Here is the problem. My distortion unit has 2 outputs, one for the dry signal, and one for the dirty signal. I need to be able to send the dirty signal to my flanger, and then blend the flanger signal with the dry signal, and have some kind of blend knob.

I have been talking to David(the Loooper guy) but he can't seem to understand what I am trying to do with the 2 outputs from the distortion unit.

Can one of you experienced guys help me figure out if a Loooper can solve the blend problem, and if not, tell me what I can get that is small(needs to fit on my pedalboard) and fairly inexpensive that will do the trick?

Thanks!

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Unfortunately, the loooper blend isn't foolproof. Since it's passive, it doesn't work well when mixing signals of different impedance. Dave Boggs says on the loooper site
    The Boss LS-2 line selecter pedal will allow you to have two loops and select no loops, loop A or loop B, or loops A&B in parallel to blend the sound. You could run loops A&B at the same time, with the effects in A off to give you the clean blend. Might be better suited to what you're looking for. More info here: http://www.rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=3&subcatid=18&prodid=LS-2