1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Signal loss?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Alexisonfire344, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Well I have a very good friend at Guitar Center and he got me a great deal on some raw Mogami Low Noise Instrument Wire...I'm talking $0.29 a foot :D

So I took him up on 30 feet and i bought some Neutrik 1/4" connectors as well and it all came out to like 10 bucks

But I came home today and wired it all up and its terrible, at the setting where I was at with my crappy 20' cable its barely noticeable.

Then i got to thinking that 30' is a little much for an instrument cable and I trimmed it down to 21'. And still low volume

My Active bass sounds awesome with this cable, but my passive sounds like......hmmm whats a really quite animal.....mouse!!!!!

any suggestions:help:

2. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Now you know why it was so cheap. Really, check the connections.

3. well the original price on the cable is $0.79 a foot, its quality stuff :D

But poor connection would not explain how my volume is normal with my active and not with my passive.

perhaps, the active EQ is best for this cable?

4. Mogami W2319 or W2524?

5. its the 2524 wire

6. That's strange. I have 20' of the W2524, too, and it works fine for my passive bass. Check your solder connections is all I can suggest.

7. well I un soldered, cut, re strip, re solder, and presto-change-o!!!!!!!!

I guess it must of been grounding out somewhere....but then why did it work well with my active????

but meh, they both work flawlessly now so I could care less :D

and the cable sounds amazing. I use to get this really bad buzz on my Geddy when i turned the tone knob up, but now its almost completely gone, but the tone is still there!!!!

8. Turn the extra cable into patch cords for effects. :p

9. word, thats what im doing as we speak :D