1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Signal Path Suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Brown Shark, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Hi, heres another one of those signal path threads. I have been developing my board over the past five years and have gone through heaps of effects until I have finally settled on what I consider to be essential for what I do. Im building my new board this weekend and would like suggestions on what you think would be a good signal path. The effects are;

Fulltone Bassdrive
    Dunlop 105Q Cry Baby Bass Wah
    MXR EVH Phase 90
    Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
    Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Sansamp Bass Driver DI

The Fulltone is my latest purchase, and has bumped my Big Muff off the front of my board. I also have a Digitech Bass Synth Wah that I might throw in from time to time, but this would be rare.

I know I prefer the Overdrive/Wah order rather than the Wah/Overdrive, but what order should the other ones follow? The list above is the sequence I had been running for a while (with the Big Muff in the place of the Bassdrive), but after the Bassdrive/Wah, what order would you recommend the effects follow?

2. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I would have:

Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Fulltone Bassdrive
    Dunlop 105Q Cry Baby Bass Wah
    MXR EVH Phase 90
    Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
    Sansamp Bass Driver DI (Does this have a parallel output? If so I would put the Tuner in it.)

You pretty much got how I would do it, just moving the Tuner :D

3. jujube_2a

jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    you're using your sans amp:
    -As a preamp > PA?
    -As a Preamp > Power amp/active cabs?
    -As a distortion effect pedal?

4. I use the Sansamp BDDI as a preamp when Im using my passive P-Bass, to send a hotter signal to the PA. I rarely use Sansamp with my Stingray (active). I run the XLR out to the mixer and the 1/4 inch out to my amp, hence why I have it last in the chain.

Thanks for your suggestions so far guys - I ran out of velcro yesterday, so the board still hasnt been locked down yet - hopefully I can finalise the signal path this week and have it all in place for next weekend's gigs.

Keep the suggestions coming :)