Signal Path Suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Brown Shark, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Hi, heres another one of those signal path threads. I have been developing my board over the past five years and have gone through heaps of effects until I have finally settled on what I consider to be essential for what I do. Im building my new board this weekend and would like suggestions on what you think would be a good signal path. The effects are;

Fulltone Bassdrive
    Dunlop 105Q Cry Baby Bass Wah
    MXR EVH Phase 90
    Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
    Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Sansamp Bass Driver DI

The Fulltone is my latest purchase, and has bumped my Big Muff off the front of my board. I also have a Digitech Bass Synth Wah that I might throw in from time to time, but this would be rare.

I know I prefer the Overdrive/Wah order rather than the Wah/Overdrive, but what order should the other ones follow? The list above is the sequence I had been running for a while (with the Big Muff in the place of the Bassdrive), but after the Bassdrive/Wah, what order would you recommend the effects follow?
  2. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I would have:

Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Fulltone Bassdrive
    Dunlop 105Q Cry Baby Bass Wah
    MXR EVH Phase 90
    Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
    Sansamp Bass Driver DI (Does this have a parallel output? If so I would put the Tuner in it.)

You pretty much got how I would do it, just moving the Tuner :D
  3. jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    you're using your sans amp:
    -As a preamp > PA?
    -As a Preamp > Power amp/active cabs?
    -As a distortion effect pedal?
  4. I use the Sansamp BDDI as a preamp when Im using my passive P-Bass, to send a hotter signal to the PA. I rarely use Sansamp with my Stingray (active). I run the XLR out to the mixer and the 1/4 inch out to my amp, hence why I have it last in the chain.

Thanks for your suggestions so far guys - I ran out of velcro yesterday, so the board still hasnt been locked down yet - hopefully I can finalise the signal path this week and have it all in place for next weekend's gigs.

Keep the suggestions coming :)