1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Signal Splitting

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by coach086, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I want to split my signal so i have a clean signal and effected signal. Is a Boss ls-2 capable of doing this? i like the idea of having a level control on the pedal for each channel. Also, living in australia means that Boss products are far easier to track down than other more boutique makes such as Barge et al.

Is it possible to run the clean signal to the standard input of my amp and the effected signal to the fx return of the fx loop - will both signals be heard through the same amp or will a mixer be required to blend both into one channel?

I tried searching but couldn't really find anything that answered in simple enough terms for this fx noob.

Cheers guys.

2. Derelict78

Derelict78

Mar 18, 2009
    Im not sure if the boss Is-2 is capable but I do use the MXR bass blowtorch to accomplish this. I love my sound

3. agree, the Boss LS-2 can do this. and each separate channel has a volume control on it.

4. Unless your amp has a "Blend" control, you probably wouldn't want to use the Effects return jack because it would bypass the preamp in your amp, which would effectively remove the clean signal. What you could do, however, would be to use the LS-2 to blend the clean and effected signal and use only the input on your amp.

5. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    +1. That's the way to do it - use the LS-2 as your FX loop and do the clean blend there on the pedal.

6. D'oh! That should have been obvious.

Many thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

7. I sold mine but if I remember correctly one of the modes you can set on it is A + B (mix) / bypass... if I wasn't fighting for pedalboard space id almost get one again!