Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Signature Guitar Company ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gozan, Feb 20, 2001.

1. gozan

gozan

Sep 17, 2000
    IN THE LATE 80'S EARLY 90'S A COMPANY CALLED " THE SIGNATURE COMPANY " FROM TORONTO WENT BANKRUPT . THEY MANUFACTERED HIGH END GUITARS AND BASSES . IT WAS OWNED BY ALEX LEIFSON OF RUSH. I HAVE A BASS GUITAR FROM THIS COMPANY CALLED THE " EXCALIBRE " , DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THIS ?

2. JimmyThePlumberMan

JimmyThePlumberMan

Feb 4, 2001
    MAYBE IF YOU DIDNT TYPE IN CAPS SOMEONE WOULD RESPOND! ;)

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    signature guitars was not owned by alex lifeson. he just played their guitars for a while.

4. Yeah, what John said :D

As far as the basses, I didn't even know they made them. Have you searched the web?

5. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I played one, almost bought it.
    It was about 1200$ if I remember well, in the late '80s. I don't remember what the body was made of...but it was a neck through, ebony fretboard, flame maple top, PJ emg PU. It sounded quite good. I just didn't like the body (not comfortable).

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the guy who toured with pink floyd in the late 80's played a signature bass. his name was guy something i think.

7. gozan

gozan

Sep 17, 2000
    Head stock takes some getting use to . It looks like a jACKSON but it has an eagle type pointy tip. Plays and sounds good. Ebony fingerboard. through neck design, maple body , schaller bridge and machine heads.